long travel kits?

Not to try and sound rude or anything but most of us here on CC don't endorse Rustys, because we have all had bad expieriences and wish for you not to have to deal with it.

But there are other compainies that make long travel kits( long arm i presume is what your talking about ). Try looking at Rubicon Express kits [http://rubiconexpress.com/] ], they are quite a bit more expensive but if you are going to be wheeling this thing its worth in my opinion to have something reliable. Coming back to your question in most of these kits they have the option of buying just a long arm upgrade which includes the arms and mounting kits. You can buy a entire kit if thats what you are looking for that will include everything from coils, arms, brake lines, etc. ANother company you can try is treks customs [ http://www.gotreks.com/treks_home.asp ].

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

ok i was watching some videos about rusty's long travel kit does it replace your leaf springs all together?

are you talking about the front or rear end. i think your talking about the rear since you mentioned leaf springs. I'm not sure what Rustys kit your talking about, but its probably an SOA kit. So that means you use your stock leafs but you put them on top of the axle.

ok i was watching some videos about rusty's long travel kit does it replace your leaf springs all together?

are you talking about the front or rear end. i think your talking about the rear since you mentioned leaf springs. I'm not sure what Rustys kit your talking about, but its probably an SOA kit. So that means you use your stock leafs but you put them on top of the axle.

• 2 years later...

Ok... I just finished installing the Rustys long are kit... One thing they don't tell you is all the extra bracing that is on the Comanches will have to be cut out. It is a big job.... I will say that the Comanche rides GREAT and looks very cool. The flex is out of this world and the vibrations that I had with the RR lift is gone. I think Rustys has finally got it together.. Just wish I would have had a heads up on all the extra trimming...I know this is an old post, but thought I would update with my experience with Rustys kit....Pics will follow..