91 what year cruise will fit

About five years ago, I walked into my local Jeep dealership and was able to order the factory cruise control kit. This kit basically replaces your turn-signal stem and is an easy install. I think it is the exact kit that the Cherokee used. Check with Brent (BLHTAZ) to see if it is still available.

V/R

:cheers:

Paul

About five years ago, I walked into my local Jeep dealership and was able to order the factory cruise control kit. This kit basically replaces your turn-signal stem and is an easy install. I think it is the exact kit that the Cherokee used. Check with Brent (BLHTAZ) to see if it is still available.

V/R :cheers: Paul

Here it is:

CLICKY

This place is just full of solutions!

:typing: V/R Paul

Do you remember what you paid back then Catatonic?

If memory recalls correctly, I don't believe I paid near what that guy on eBay is asking...maybe $130? I will check to see if I still have the receipt.

V/R

Paul

If memory recalls correctly, I don't believe I paid near what that guy on eBay is asking...maybe $130? I will check to see if I still have the receipt.

V/R :cheers: Paul

I figured that Paul. He probably has the only ones left on the planet. :D Maybe Taz can find this kit?

Even back then, I felt that the kit was expensive, but I REALLY wanted the feature with that factory look! I don't like foreign toggle-switches hanging from the bottom of the dash, etc.

The cruise-control option has paid for itself in the speeding tickets that I no-longer get due to not paying attention to the speedometer! The Virginia State Troopers spare no mercy on speeders! :no:

V/R

Paul

The only has 2 pieces. The controler that has a vac plg in and the stalk for thle steering col. Everything is plug and play. Very, very, very easy. The stalk has a wire that you run through the col and the plug for it is there . The vac line is just disconnected and re con with a T, included. I paid about $50 years ago. Try Team Cherokee for a new one or I have A 93 Parts car that still has it all. I think you can use the early one's but mount it on the firewall because the cables are shorter. I used an 89 col because it had tilt , but 91 up cruise. Hope this all makes sense.

I also have two sets Don, but mine are from an 89, and require the brake pedal SPST switch (as well as the controller, vacuum booster, lines, and harness connector).

Thanks Jake. I may take you up on that if I don't hear from purplexj and/or can't locate the newer OBDI stuff. :cheers:

Thanks very much for posting the instructions. I think I may have a line on this kit at about the same price you paid. One question though: does the new stalk provided with the cruise kit also have provisions for the delay wipers? Don

Thanks very much for posting the instructions. I think I may have a line on this kit at about the same price you paid. One question though: does the new stalk provided with the cruise kit also have provisions for the delay wipers? Don

Good evening (EST) Don,

Yes...everything including the delay should be there.

V/R

Paul

Can anyone provide a pic of the cruise servo factory mount location on the right fender well in either a 91-92 MJ or 91-94 XJ? I've got a lot of additional electrical stuff there and want to see if I can squeeze it in. Thanks; Don