Water Leak into the cab...

I am assuming that this is a constant problem on all Jeep XJ/MJ vehicles leading to the eventual rotting of the drivers front floor and I removed my interior during the transmission swap, to check the floor and patch the areas that needed patching. But now I am getting rain water into the cab. Is there a common area that they leak through. Hood was shut, under a deck, so It has got to be a pretty bad leak somewhere....windshield, door seals.... but it is just wet around the accelerator pedal and brake pedal areas, not up toward the seat area, or on the pass side at all....???? any ideas...thanks

There are like a dozen places for water to come in but by far the sneakiest was the water trickling in through the holes in the firewall area near the pedals. It was weaseling its was past the hood seal (the one at the back of the hood) and trailing down through the engine bay to find a wire or too and following that inside. Sprinkle some baby powder around and check for the water trails. It's the only way I could have possibly found a couple of my past leaks. :thumbsup:

There are like a dozen places for water to come in but by far the sneakiest was the water trickling in through the holes in the firewall area near the pedals. It was weaseling its was past the hood seal (the one at the back of the hood) and trailing down through the engine bay to find a wire or too and following that inside. Sprinkle some baby powder around and check for the water trails. It's the only way I could have possibly found a couple of my past leaks. :thumbsup:

Or just drill a drain hole in the floor, and be done with it!

Worked for me. :brows:

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

now think hard about this one guys....

when i drive in the rain (every time no matter how hard it rains)about 3-5 min. in to the drive i will start to get a drip from under the dash somewhere :???: . i know it it kinda to the middle of the truck cause it leaks on to my gas foot olny :hmm: . any ideas on where it comes from.

:dunno:

i thought it could be the heater some how but i am totaly clueless on this one :dunno:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: