Finished: BB, Subs, Bucket Seats, Tires

Well, I'm finished with everything I really wanted to get done on the Comanche so far before I head off to college next year. The list goes like this.

1. Bucket Seats in (thanks to Jeff). Had to fab up my own brackets though as the seats just plain would not line up with my original brackets.

2. New subwoofer box completed. They are 2 12" MTX Roadthunder 5500 powered by a bazooka 750 watt amp. Its loud enough that if you turned it up all the way in the cab I believe your head might explode. After the theft of my previous system, these babies are NOT coming out of there. Bolted through the bottom of the cab, and everything else is with antitheft screws.

3. Also put some new speakers in the doors and back. For pretty cheap too (gotta love Ebay)

4. Put some 1.75" coil spacers up front, to level it up. And yes, it DOES look good on this comanche. My leaf springs have had amazingly little sag over the years and it leveled it up perfectly in my opinion, canteven tell that something was done to the front and not the back. Also painted the shocks blue to go with the truck while I was in there.

5. Just had some new 31x10.50 BFG all terrains put under there. Love the tires, hate the fact that they did an alignment and now the truck wants to drive off to the right.

6. Put a grille guard on there too, I think it makes it look a lot nicer.

Only thing left to do now is make a spare tire mount for the bed.

here's some pics, hope you enjoy:

Tim

Good on ya Tim.....we haven't heard from you in awhile. You just keep making that thing look better and better :cheers:

Guys, I've seen this MJ in the flesh and I have to say it's one of THE cleanest ones I've ever seen. We should all be so lucky......

Jeff

p.s. what'd you do with the old meats that were on it? Looking to find a home for them (hint, hint, nudge, nudge :D )

Good on ya Tim.....we haven't heard from you in awhile. You just keep making that thing look better and better :cheers:

Guys, I've seen this MJ in the flesh and I have to say it's one of THE cleanest ones I've ever seen. We should all be so lucky......

Jeff

p.s. what'd you do with the old meats that were on it? Looking to find a home for them (hint, hint, nudge, nudge :D )

Sorry Jeff, but I'm using one of the tires for a spare and the others have been disposed of. They were getting so insanely bald that I'm surprised nothing bad has happened up to this point.

Thanks for the comments guys. I take pride in my 'manche and I hope it shows.

Tim

Guest 89MJComanchenotlogedin

You have got to be kidding me that those are stock rear springs??

I am going to pull down the set that are in the LWB that I just bought and take them to a spring shop and get the tweaked a little bit to raise them back up to at least stock height.

I have the RE kit sitting here in my garage waiting to install it, but I think that I am going to wait to find a SWB manual tranny to build that way.

I bought this LWB on Saturday and it is a great truck 50,000 origional miles, and it is gonna look great after some kind of mild lift an some MOABS and MTR Re-Treads a spray on liner and a new low profile rear bumper to replace the 90lb thing that is on there now.

Anyhow... that blue color looks great. That is one of my favaroite color MJ's

89 comanche, as to the stock springs in the back, I know its amazing. The comanche has only like 118k miles on it, but its still surprising that they have not sagged barely at all. As for the color, I used to think it was ghey. That was when I was younger, and it was completely stock. Now, I wouldnt change it for the world. If anyone can say they have a truck that looks completely like mine, Id give them a darn big cookie, because I just don't think its very likely. I like my comanche being unique. :D