Seats

Well I finally found some Comanche bucket seat brkts. What other seats can I use that will fit our trucks. Can't find a 2 door Cherokee with good seats. Also, I have to replace the fuse box(inside) because a leaky master cylinder has destroyed my fuse box. Any tips that will make this a little less challenging.

Thanks

Joe V.

Well I finally found some Comanche bucket seat brkts. What other seats can I use that will fit our trucks. Can't find a 2 door Cherokee with good seats. Also, I have to replace the fuse box(inside) because a leaky master cylinder has destroyed my fuse box. Any tips that will make this a little less challenging.

Thanks

Joe V.

Hey Joe,

Are these XJ seats clean enough?

int1.jpg

The next generation in auto-salvage yards! Highway 79 Auto Salvage in Kentucky is a model company!

V/R

:beerhead:

Paul

P.S. The doors are mine!

I was looking for a seat that reclines all the way forward, so I can get to the back for storage. I have found plenty of four door seats but no two door seats.

Thanks

Thanks

Joe V.

Hey Joe,

Are these XJ seats clean enough?

int1.jpg

The next generation in auto-salvage yards! Highway 79 Auto Salvage in Kentucky is a model company!

V/R

:beerhead:

Paul

P.S. The doors are mine!

Got any Renault Alliances in Texas? Probably rarer than 2 door Cherokees, just another alternative. I've confirmed they have the same seat mounted to the curve tracks as in Cherokees. If your Comanche brackets are complete, the seat would bolt right in.

I am going to the Pick-A-Part this weekend and I will look and see. Any other seats that I can consider using??? And the other part I need(more than seats) is the fuse box. Do I need the bulk head connector in the egine compartment as well? I was going to pull a Cherokee fuse box, will that work?

Got any Renault Alliances in Texas? Probably rarer than 2 door Cherokees, just another alternative. I've confirmed they have the same seat mounted to the curve tracks as in Cherokees. If your Comanche brackets are complete, the seat would bolt right in.

you won't need the bulkhead engine-side, but you'll have to pull the entire interior wiring harness because it is all hard wired to the fuseblock (woulda been nice if they would have used pigtails out of the box to some connectors but they didn't).

I've got an '89 MJ interior harness that I ended up not needing for my project......I'll let it go to you for cheap if you can't find one down your way.

Jeff

Northville is usually where I go. My thought was to cut and then splice the wires to my exsisting harness. Sounds like a lot of work but I have a good soldering station and the time to do it. I am replacing the dash as well so I am going to gut the cab. I also want to include the wiring for power windows and locks, as I think I will try to add those later. Does your box have fuses for locks and windows? and maybe other ACCs?

Thanks

Joe V.

you may know about this already...

http://houstonpickapart.com/navigate/nycoupon.gif

LKQ Northville still honored this last time i went, Wallisville doesn't. You want to stay far away from LKQ wallisville if at all possible anyway.

If you don't find what you need at jy this weekend i have a '91 dash harness locally i'm selling.

Does your box have fuses for locks and windows? and maybe other ACCs?

I'm not sure; but i don't think so. I'll double check this afternoon.

I've been where you are, gutted the cab, replaced the dash and added power accessories...if you want list of parts that i used and list of the mistakes i made along the way, PM me.

btw, what year is your MJ?