comanche questions

my 1989 comanche taks a good while to start up, most the time its six or more turns before she starts up. anyway to get it started quicker?

sharper cornering...my lifted comanche is a hassle to park in a crowded parking lot. it actually turns harder to the left then the right. what can i do about getting it to turns sharper?

lastly, i think i heard that chevy s-10 bench seat will work in comanches with some modicfications to where you bolt it to the floor? is this true?

The 1989 is a RENIX system, they do not start right up like modern cars do. Its just the nature of the beast.

The D30 is actually a very tight corning axle. There is something going on with yours . It should also be the same in both directions. Have someone steer while you lay in front of Jeep and watch whats happening. I'll bet something is bent.

Never herd that, but doubt it as the bases are vehicle specific.

CW

sorry i forgot to mention i don't have a dana 30 front axel. I'm still 2wd...

but i do have another question. what do stock mj axels come geared with, and what do stock xj's come geared with? I'm hoping they are both 3.55.

Good Rule of Thumb for Jeep Axles:

If it came from a 4 cyl Jeep it is 4.10 geared.

If it came from a 6 cyl with Manual Trans it is 3.07, Auto Trans is 3.55.

Again these are only rules of thumb. A quick removal of the cover and teeth count will verify.

- Brent

With your '89 MJ, it's based on the Renix ECU system, which does not store any codes when turned off, so that every 'new' start is a 'fresh' start.

Some have solved a 'long hard start' with replacing the CPS with a OEM (dealer) replacement that would feed the pulse quicker to the ECU.

There is also a FSB on directly wiring the CPS to the ECU-

http://www.lunghd.com/Downloads_and_Lin ... update.pdf

As far as your turning radius, if some one installed a lift and after market wheels, they could have changed the stops on the axle to keep the tires from rubbing on the LCA, thus changing the turning radius.

I don't think S10 or Ranger bench seats will work, there too narrow in width.

With your '89 MJ, it's based on the Renix ECU system, which does not store any codes when turned off, so that every 'new' start is a 'fresh' start.

Some have solved a 'long hard start' with replacing the CPS with a OEM (dealer) replacement that would feed the pulse quicker to the ECU.

There is also a FSB on directly wiring the CPS to the ECU-

http://www.lunghd.com/Downloads_and_Lin ... update.pdf

As far as your turning radius, if some one installed a lift and after market wheels, they could have changed the stops on the axle to keep the tires from rubbing on the LCA, thus changing the turning radius.

I don't think S10 or Ranger bench seats will work, there too narrow in width.

I did the CPS replacement per the FSM direct wire to ECU mod on my 89. It did not make an appreciable difference in the amount of time it cranked before starting.

does anyone know of any bench that may work? ive been looking for one for a longgg time.

It depends on your location, but several other members have extra bench seats, I have 2 gray bench seat up here, and maybe more.

Shipping would be cost prohibitive on a bench seat :cry: