Hammerhead Stroker?

SuperWade2

do it!! :D

I got no cash, we are in a recession man, did you see the stock market yesterday???

But it doesn't cost much to talk about stuff...

I got some quotes for the HESCO a while back and they were quite a bit higher and I know that Titan makes one, possibly for less $$$ but havn't really heard of anything doing anything other than "homebrew", or HESCO...

do it!! :D

I got no cash, we are in a recession man, did you see the stock market yesterday???

Wade, you're just a big tease talking about how you're gonna be a big stroker and all!!

Yeah, 777 points, biggest one day market fall ever. IBut you know, I've been surprised how long it stayed in the 11 thousand range for the past few months. I have been crazy this a.m., I wanted to see why Apple fell 20%. You're a computer guy, have you heard why? I say might be a good time to pick up some shares.

Last I saw on the TV, it was up almost 300. The market falls, the market grows, the market does whatever it wants and we all get screwed either way. :cry:

But for $2500 dollars, I could have had a v8. :D

Yah, but a V8 is far from "bolt-in" for a relative "newbie" to the mechanical world... I was thinking a nice "new" Stroker with a new/rebuilt AW4 would be awful nice (bash me all you want, but I'll take an Auto every day of the week over my current AX15).

I would have guessed it would make a rebound today, if anything from the bargain hunters like I was talking about on jumping on some Apple love.

Speaking of AX15s Deuceman, I was flipping through a mag yesterday in a store and saw an ad from Advanced Adapters saying they now car NEW AX15's direct from Aisin and that they were rated to handle up to high horse V8s etc. I'm glad I have the AW4 for sure, if I had to rake something I would rather it be in my car. :brows:

Oh, I'm all for the benefits of going stroker. :D Usually I'm on that side of the fence. But $2500? That's a lot of coin. :( Maybe it'd be worth it if I was racing... :brows:

HESCO was over $3500 as far as I could tell... from some one that doesn't have the "skills" to do the work myself, I was considering this as an alternative... I could skip the stroker and go with a standard crate of some type, but at some point, the difference between $1200-1500 and $2500 in the big "long term" picture gets muddled... And cheaper than the $12000-$15000 for a HEMI...

It's only money... you can't take it with you, so might at well enjoy it while we are here...

If I hadn't blown so much on our backyard/playhouse thing for my kids this past spring, my bonus at work would have been more than enough to cover a stroker, new tranny and full install...

Dang little rug rats cost so darn much...they don't even play in the stupid $5000 playhouse...

I would have guessed it would make a rebound today, if anything from the bargain hunters like I was talking about on jumping on some Apple love.

Speaking of AX15s Deuceman, I was flipping through a mag yesterday in a store and saw an ad from Advanced Adapters saying they now car NEW AX15's direct from Aisin and that they were rated to handle up to high horse V8s etc. I'm glad I have the AW4 for sure, if I had to rake something I would rather it be in my car. :brows:

I read that too, but couldn't find it on their website

Dang little rug rats cost so darn much...they don't even play in the stupid $5000 playhouse...

LOL, those things can get crazy expensive! We were looking at a similar priced set, then reality set in (i.e. would they use it, wear and tear, poor re-sale value) and we were looking at the mac'd out Wal-Mart set for @$1800. I had looked at some used sets that were beat down. Cheap, but beat. Then I got lucky and found one being sold on the quick because they were being transferred out west. They didn't want to break it down and move it, so I got that $1800 set for $500.......about 6 months old. So when it falls apart in 5 years I won't be pissed about what I spent on it like I was last week when my wife left the $400 jump castle in the back yard over night and my 18 mos old black lab had a snack with it. Had it for 4 years, best money I ever spent for the kids, and.... poof!!, gone.

LOL, those things can get crazy expensive! We were looking at a similar priced set, then reality set in (i.e. would they use it, wear and tear, poor re-sale value) and we were looking at the mac'd out Wal-Mart set for @$1800. I had looked at some used sets that were beat down. Cheap, but beat. Then I got lucky and found one being sold on the quick because they were being transferred out west. They didn't want to break it down and move it, so I got that $1800 set for $500.......about 6 months old. So when it falls apart in 5 years I won't be pissed about what I spent on it like I was last week when my wife left the $400 jump castle in the back yard over night and my 18 mos old black lab had a snack with it. Had it for 4 years, best money I ever spent for the kids, and.... poof!!, gone.

Here is my Engine/Tranny... I mean kids playhouse... This was first assembled, we've since added insulation, white paneling across everything, painted a Chalkboard Wall and Put down Foam Squares on the floor and carpet in the loft, flowers in flowerbeds, Curtains, etc... I still would like to do some trim on the insides, etc... Talk about your "Money Pits"

img0930su2.jpg

img0934dh6.jpg

What would you charge me for rent if I move out there?

In my Area, Rent average about $3/Sq Foot, at least for smaller apartments...

The playhouse is 8'x8' with a 3'x8' loft, so say 88 Square Ft, so say $275/month because it's in a nice neighborhood with a great yard..

HESCO was over $3500 as far as I could tell... from some one that doesn't have the "skills" to do the work myself, I was considering this as an alternative... I could skip the stroker and go with a standard crate of some type, but at some point, the difference between $1200-1500 and $2500 in the big "long term" picture gets muddled... And cheaper than the $12000-$15000 for a HEMI...

It's only money... you can't take it with you, so might at well enjoy it while we are here...

If I hadn't blown so much on our backyard/playhouse thing for my kids this past spring, my bonus at work would have been more than enough to cover a stroker, new tranny and full install...

I was lucky enough to get my basic 4.5L stroker when they were right around $2K about four years ago. Even at $3500 their crate engines are still on backorder because they are the best. They actually did the R&D for Mopar on the 99+ intakes, and had them on factory experimental ZJs as early as 1996. Soon they are coming out with an alloy block, I saw the prototypes last week when I was down there. Combine that with the alloy head stroked out to 4.8L, DAYEM! Their labor costs have not gone up much; it's what they have to pay for the parts they don't manufacture themselves that's driving the costs up.

LOL about your rug rats. Enjoy them and their simple pleasures while you can Wade; it's only going to get worse. :D Soon the'll be asking for $150 tennis shoes, $800 Prom dresses and new Mustangs. :wall:

I was lucky enough to get my basic 4.5L stroker when they were right around $2K about four years ago. Even at $3500 their crate engines are still on backorder because they are the best. They actually did the R&D for Mopar on the 99+ intakes, and had them on factory experimental ZJs as early as 1996. Soon they are coming out with an alloy block, I saw the prototypes last week when I was down there. Combine that with the alloy head stroked out to 4.8L, DAYEM! Their labor costs have not gone up much; it's what they have to pay for the parts they don't manufacture themselves that's driving the costs up.

LOL about your rug rats. Enjoy them and their simple pleasures while you can Wade; it's only going to get worse. :D Soon the'll be asking for $150 tennis shoes, $800 Prom dresses and new Mustangs. :wall:

SO In your estimation, If I'm going to drop some change to do it, I might as well go big and get the best than worry about saving $1000 on something that might or might not be "super duper"...

I'd buy them a Mustang Horse before I would a FORD Vehicle... Never have been or ever will be a FORD fan...

Their record speaks for itself; they are the best and have been modifying the 4.2/4.0L AMC/Chryco engines perhaps longer than anyone (except maybe Clifford, and their customer service I hear is less than stellar). They stand behind everything they sell 100%. If you frequent the strokers forums, nobody ever says a bad word about them, except for their prices. :D Take a look at some of the horror stories from other engine manufacturers like Golen and Titan. I've never had any problems, but if I have questions about some mod I want to do, I just pick up the phone and call Bennie or Lee and they give you a straight answer. One guy I know from Bakersfield, Cali uses his Florida vacation to drive his Hesco 4.7L TJ to Birmingham at least bi-annually just for the dyno runs.

Bottom line: If it's worth paying a bit more $$ and have no worries for as long as you are running one of their engines, it's the only way to go IMNSHO. :D