Hammerhead Stroker?

SuperWade2

Since we are talking hypotheticals, if I wanted a new/rebuilt tranny to bolt onto the back of my new HESCO stroker and wanted to go to an AUTO, would I be better off just finding a rebuilt AW4, or are there other options that are "easy" bolt-ons... assuming I'm keeping my NP231

Hesco also does AW-4 remanufacturing and torque converter mods. I'm still running my original AW-4 with no problems. I'd give Bennie a call at Hesco and see what he says. I also hear they are working on a modded Toyota 5-speed A340 auto for Jeeps to replace the 4-speed AW-4. Most of the parts are interchangible. But unless you call him tomorrow, wait a week though, because he's leaving for CA Thursday for his annual West Coast visit. They demo their new Jeep stuff at various shows for a week.

Hesco also does AW-4 remanufacturing and torque converter mods. I'm still running my original AW-4 with no problems. I'd give Bennie a call at Hesco and see what he says. I also hear they are working on a modded Toyota 5-speed A340 auto for Jeeps to replace the 4-speed AW-4. Most of the parts are interchangible. But unless you call him tomorrow, wait a week though, because he's leaving for CA Thursday for his annual West Coast visit. They demo their new Jeep stuff at various shows for a week.

I need to tell him to strap one if his bad-boy full setups onto a trailer and bring it out with him since he's headed my way anyhow (probably headed to SoCal, but close enough for gov't work)

I've been VERY happy with my Golen 4.6L Stroker.

http://golenengineservice.com/html/jeep_off-road.html

Now the AW4 on the other hand.... I've now on my 4th one and it has no 1st or 2nd and no Reverse after the last wheeling trip. I've got 1 more good low mileage one sitting here that will go in. If I toast that one I'm doing a modded 700r4.

I've been VERY happy with my Golen 4.6L Stroker.

http://golenengineservice.com/html/jeep_off-road.html

Now the AW4 on the other hand.... I've now on my 4th one and it has no 1st or 2nd and no Reverse after the last wheeling trip. I've got 1 more good low mileage one sitting here that will go in. If I toast that one I'm doing a modded 700r4.

Being you're on your 4th AW-4, I'd suspect an operator problem, or lack of an effective tranny cooler on your junk. Glad you are VERY happy with the Golen. Seems like it might be a decent engine, as the complaints are far less than other engine builders.