Looking for opinions on these mirrors

I can't stand the stock mirrors on my MJ. They are dinky and in a bad location for usage on the trail. I saw some CJ5 mirrors in a catalog and they seemed to be a good option. The picture showed a 5" round mirror on a straight adjustible stalk. Because I wanted to just try them out, I ordered them through a local parts store (returning them is easier that way) to see how they'd work on my truck. What I got was a late model CJ mirror. 7x7 with the bent, non-adjustible (but still swinging) stalk. They are most certainly larger than I was expecting. Are they too big? I certainly want to avoid the "Dumbo" look that my Dakota had with the 6x9 mirrors (not on that truck any more).

Jeep on!

--Pete

To each his own but, I don't like the look. I would prolly try something like that on my tube doors though. My first MJ an 87 had mirrors like a ranger of the same year. Kinda like the full size fords in the 80's. Folded in flat and looked like they kinda belonged there. Just a thought.

The store is long since closed for the night so I guess I'll be seeing what it looks like in the daylight. This is the mirror I was thinking of reproducing:

dodge.jpg

I'm going for sort of a 'military' look without going overboard. It'll all come together when I finally get around to repainting the truck a desert tan scheme (don't know when that'll be happening though). Maybe I can fab my own set-up.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Since my rig is door less, I had to do something to be "legal". I bought a set of used CJ7 mirrors and mounted mine to the top drivers door hinge. Is it pretty... NOPE.... does it work OH he77 yeah.

I would suggest you try some motorcyle mirrors.

Patrick

I've got TJ mirrors on my XJ and will be putting a set on my MJ. They work excellent , when on the trail the mirror and arm will fold back and fit tightly over the vent glass out of the way and rear vision is great. They're also very good quality.