Broken E-brake cable

Went poking around on the new rig today to determine why the e-brake wasn't working. And this is what I found...

Anyone else come across this before? Luckily I have the body side of the cable off of the blue truck (which turns out is in fact different from a short bed versus a long, but works just the same.) I also swapped over the entire pedal assembly because some of the teeth were rounded over and wouldn't hold very well.

Thought it was a little strange.

My cables are intact, but the one in the cab is rusty with the floor. A while back, I looked up the applications (Raybestos) for cables, and bought two. Not sure if they are for the left and right in the rear, or if one is for the front. How are these cataloged? Rockauto still lists 2 cables for the car, under parking brake cables.

the rear parking brake cables are the same, they will fit either the right side or the left side.

RAYBESTOS Part # BC93591 {Professional Grade 51 3/4" Overall Length}

Rear $11.46

The front cable is determined on the swb or the lwb-

RAYBESTOS Part # BC93590 {Professional Grade 102 3/4" Overall Length}

Front; Short Bed $14.58

RAYBESTOS Part # BC93589 {Professional Grade 108 3/4" Overall Length}

Front; Long Bed $15.61

The above prices are from www.rockauto.com

The front is a pain to change out because it runs under the floor mat and the seat, and thru the back of the cab.

For those of us that need the parking brake for State vehicle inspection......It's a Must replacement :headpop: