Buy a 3" suspension lift

dan12

I just bought mine from Motion Offroad. I did change out the front coils for 4.5" ones, to eliminate some of the rake, as I believe a 4wd truck should sit fairly level. I have not installed it yet, so I can't really tell how it rides, but I've been very happy with other stuff I bought from them in the past.

I have absolutely no experience with buying from anywhere else, but the consensus seems to be to stay away from anything from Rusty's.

Definitely stay away from Rusty's!!!

I have no personal experience with Motion Offroad, but they appear to have some good quality stuff. I have been pretty much exclusive to Rubicon Express to this point and I run the RE 3.5" Super ride system on mine in the front with Hell Creek Suspensions rear 3" springs. It really depends on what you intend to do with your truck to determine what is "the best" for you.

Mine is being built for looks...no off roading planned at all for this truck. :D

I recently had the Motion Offroad 3" kit installed on my 87 MJ.

http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/index. ... cts_id=207

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The front springs only gave about 2" of lift at best, but there is a chance I got a bum set .... they are looking into getting me a new set.

It seems like a capable kit. My only real complaint is that its a noisy kit. Because of the way the control arms and disconnects are designed, there is a decent amount of clanking and thumping that goes on. I don't think its a problem, just noisy.

I did a lot of research, and this was the only kit under $1000 with full leafs, quick discos, adjustable control arms, and an adjustable track bar.

Its a great all-in-one kit to get you on the trails.

My only real complaint is that its a noisy kit. Because of the way the control arms and disconnects are designed, there is a decent amount of clanking and thumping that goes on.

Adjustable control arm's won't be the source of any clanking, as they don't' have any movable parts in them; only the arm itself will move. Just make sure you keep the 3 area's on each arm greased well.

Now the disco's on the other hand may "clank" a bit. They'll quite down after a bit of road use as the bushings wear in.

Thanks for the info .... I'll make sure to keep everything greased.

As a side note - the truck is in for inspection right now and the guy just called .... he found a loose bolt somewhere that may have been contributing to the noise. Once I get it back I'll re-post about the noise issue.

PS - it passed inspection!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info .... I'll make sure to keep everything greased.

As a side note - the truck is in for inspection right now and the guy just called .... he found a loose bolt somewhere that may have been contributing to the noise. Once I get it back I'll re-post about the noise issue.

PS - it passed inspection!!!!!!!!!!

man, I hate inspection. I've only ever once had to do it, and i ended up driving away wanting to hit the guy who did the inspecting. it's a 21 year old truck, of course it's not friggin perfect.