Clocking Alternator

I am not sure if I saw the tread on this site. I am looking for info on clocking the alternator so that mud and water drains out. Tried a search with no luck. Anyone know this?

Never heard of clocking an alternator for water drainage,... You sure it wasnt moving the alt up to the space where the ac compressor is?? I had to clock a s-10 blazers alt to fit my truck though.. but the reason I had to clock it was a mounting issue..

It involved disassembling the alternator and clocking one half of the case. I can't remember all of the details, but it looked like a good thing to do. The person who made the post stated that he hadn't had any trouble with alternator failure since he did it. I will keep searching and will link it to the site if I find it.

It involved disassembling the alternator and clocking one half of the case. I can't remember all of the details, but it looked like a good thing to do. The person who made the post stated that he hadn't had any trouble with alternator failure since he did it. I will keep searching and will link it to the site if I find it.

the alternator should boil the water out from the heat its absorbing from the motor. but it sounds good in theory.

the alternator should boil the water out from the heat its absorbing from the motor. but it sounds good in theory.

Water isn't the issue. Dirt/sand/crap is. It takes very little to score up the brushes and the surface they ride on, which will cause your field voltage to drop to almost nothing and the alternator won't make no juice.

The idea is that if it can drain out it will prevent damage...

Water isn't the issue. Dirt/sand/crap is. It takes very little to score up the brushes and the surface they ride on, which will cause your field voltage to drop to almost nothing and the alternator won't make no juice.

The idea is that if it can drain out it will prevent damage...

that makes sense. i guess when your alternator is 4 feet high you don't think about sand and whatnot getting in there