Backpain axles and such...

TNT

Life sucks lately,

My back is worse then ever, I'm having a hard time just doing up keep on my XJ.

I'm having a hard time at work and the price my prescriptions, gas and my back pain is making it so I might just give up my project to save my back and pay bills.

I getting a Ford HP D60 DRW and a D80 with factory discs for less then the price a HP D60 costs normally costs. I'm going to get the HP D60 to resell but I'm not sure about getting the D80 to resell also. It's a sweet beefy axle thou.

I'm going to be selling a bunch of other parts. I have a ton. Locals CC members here will have first pick. I won't be shipping heavy parts, so pick-up here on big parts is how you'll get them.

I also have a '77 Ford HP D44 and a couple of 9" axles.

For the MJ I might keep it and running 33's with 2" of lift, cut fenders and stock bumpstops. I just can't cause more damage to my back building it a much. I think wheeling anymore is out of the question.

As a driver, I have a couple of Honda Preludes, one with a blown 2.3 and the other with a good 2.2 VTEC I'm getting to make one out of. Good MPG and great handing once its done.

I might just sell it all and move south... I mean all my parts(I have tons of them) the MJ and my XJ. I might sell some tools too.

Getting old and trashing my back sucks... Latest MRI shows noticable degeneration in every disk in my back, five bulging discs, a bunch of bone spurs and more.

That's all for now... :cry:

I sympathize. Been there, done that ... I probably even have the tee shirt somewhere.

A word of caution ... before you put ANY money into the Hondas, find one of the same year and model, rent it, borrow it, steal it ... do whatever you have to do, but get in one and make about a 2-hour drive.

I say this because my back was crunched in a car accident when I was 14 years old and I have had recurring issues ever since. And I will say straight out, that without ANY doubt whatsoever, Honda (and Acura) seats are absolutely the WORST possible seats in the known universe for someone with a bad back.

And I say that as a Honda lover. I think the cars are great (I've owned two) and I think the motorcycles are great (owned two of those, also), but the seats in the cars are instruments of torture, pure and simple.

Damn TNT, that's gotta be frustrating. I don't know what to tell you, but I know you love fabricating and turning those wrenches, so hopefully you can find a way to keep one project going. The painful (pun intended) irony, I'm guessing, is that you're going crazy with all the discomfort, but you'll probably go just as crazy not being able to do what you love, working on those Jeeps! I hope it gets better for you...

I have been for long rides in a 4th generation Prelude and have driven one for a few hundred miles. I was happy with them but would probably buy new front seats.

The pain doesn't drive me as crazy as trying to do something and just being able to look at it. I have a fully set-up shop, tons of tools and not much I can do with them. It drives me crazy. I take between 10-25 pills a day to deal with the pain most of the time...

I can get a nice '92 Prelude with a bad H23 for $300 and should be getting a 96 Prelude 2.2 VTEC with a light hit to use as a parts car. It will be lowered have a built suspension and big brakes with some good light wheels and tires. It will be caged and have 5 point seat belts. I might buy a Hans set-up so I can autocross and do track days. It will also be turbocharged and have a bunch of other mods done over time.

Any good info would be great.

After I start driving the Prelude a fund will me started for a M3 in four or five years.

I have been for long rides in a 4th generation Prelude and have driven one for a few hundred miles. I was happy with them but would probably buy new front seats.

The pain doesn't drive me as crazy as trying to do something and just being able to look at it. I have a fully set-up shop, tons of tools and not much I can do with them. It drives me crazy. I take between 10-25 pills a day to deal with the pain most of the time...

I can get a nice '92 Prelude with a bad H23 for $300 and should be getting a 96 Prelude 2.2 VTEC with a light hit to use as a parts car. It will be lowered have a built suspension and big brakes with some good light wheels and tires. It will be caged and have 5 point seat belts. I might buy a Hans set-up so I can autocross and do track days. It will also be turbocharged and have a bunch of other mods done over time.

After I start driving the Prelude a fund will me started for a M3 in four or five years.

dam tnt if you could just pack everything and be my next door neighbor i'll do the work and get you some venison in my spare time btw the admiral (wife) my have an issue :laughin: id figure if your wife and my wife get together the can :rant: what the hell them boys are up to now because they can :brows: and she has been by my side going on 24 years now

dam tnt if you could just pack everything and be my next door neighbor i'll do the work and get you some venison in my spare time btw the admiral (wife) my have an issue :laughin: id figure if your wife and my wife get together the can :rant: what the hell them boys are up to now because they can :brows: and she has been by my side going on 24 years now

Tempting offer. The weather is probably nicer by you too. How about you vacation here and I send my wife down by yours on vacation for a while??? 21 years and she thinks I'm going to give up all my hobbies/interests.... :rant: