One Ton

deziped

A metric ton (or "tonne," more correctly) is 1000 kilograms. One pound equals 2.2 kilograms, so a metric ton is 2,200 pounds. That makes an MJ with the metric tonne ("Big Ton") package technically a 1-ton pickup.

Hard to believe, isn't it? No other compact pickup has ever come close to that.

A metric ton (or "tonne," more correctly) is 1000 kilograms. One pound equals 2.2 kilograms, so a metric ton is 2,200 pounds. That makes an MJ with the metric tonne ("Big Ton") package technically a 1-ton pickup.

Yup. I love being able to say 1 ton MJ - on stock drivetrain.

me too Sirsam --- fun ain't it --- love to show em the leaf pack when they don't believe it ( or the carfax rpt) :brows: jamminz.gif

me too Sirsam --- fun ain't it --- love to show em the leaf pack when they don't believe it ( or the carfax rpt) :brows: jamminz.gif

I like the idea of having something up on guys with full size pickups that are only "half-tons" jamminz.gif

Something doesn't jive on the one claiming to be an MT, but I think the owner isn't very educated on the 4wd scene. I.E., he says it's an MT, and with how well it's holding up that load of wood I'd agree, but also says it has a D35. No such animal as an MT with D35; either an AMC20 in '86 or D44 in '87-'92. And as already pointed out, that's no spring over on the lift. Regardless, seems like a pretty clean truck for $2k.

Nowadays, half ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton doesn't mean squat any more.

I mean a 2008 Silverado 1500 (1/2 ton) regular cab short box has a payload capacity of 1947 pounds. That's 53 pounds shy of a ton (and 253 short of a tonne).

3/4 ton 2500HD with same specs (regular cab, short bed, 2wd) has a payload of 3892 pounds, which is almost 2 ton.

And a regular cab long box (short not available) dually 4x4 1 ton truck (3500HD) has a payload of 5307 pounds. Don't ask me why the 2wd version is not available with duals, as I don't know. But that's a payload of about 2 2/3 ton.

My 79 F100 was technically still a half ton. It had a payload capacity of exactly 1000 pounds, but the F150 which is also considered a 1/2 ton could handle a lot more.