Pro Comp Tires?

I have had ProComp MT's on my Ram and loved them. I got 40K out of them before I traded the truck for a new one. We drove them from FL to PA 3 or 4 times.

We have been running the ProComp Xterrains on our YJ for over 6 years now (same set) and love them too. They are a bit noisy on the road, but our YJ is not driven on the road much at all. We had the Swamper SSR's on it prior to the Xterrains, and believe it or not...the Xterrains are louder on the pavement than the Swampers were. We have occasionally driven the YJ for short trips of 1.5 hours or so on the interstate and they ride great. They are not the best in mud, but they are great on rocks :cheers:

I have no use for All Terrains so I can't help if you are looking at them ;)

My experience basically mirrors BLHTAZ's. I did have a problem with the sidewalls on the XTerrrains. They WERE not so great.

But they are better now. :D

I have a some friends ( YES I do!!) who swear by the AT's on there PU's at street trucks.

I like them and feel they are a good tire.

CW

Ive had good experiences with them also. I ran mud terrains on my old truck for a loooong time w/ 0 problems. Also, I have x-terrains on my jeep and think they're great for trail/rock use, not so much mud though. Keep in mind though, I bought my set used, and 2 out of the 7 tires I scored had sizable chunks missing out of the sidewall. So I guess my experiance is the same as the others...

Everyone I know, who has pro-comp x-terrains, hates them. :nuts:

Having personally not used them, I won't say anything for sure. But everyone complained of weak sidewalls (like a BFG M/T) and pinhole leaks. And off-road traction was suspect at best, with the tire easily being outperformed. I asked about getting a set for my cherry, and was told to either man up and run Iroks, or to buy Truxus M/Ts or another set of MT/Rs if I wanted something a little more mild.