Lift kit question

I know some people have questioned why they combined springs and spacers up front. It's one thing for someone to piece together their own lift like that, but if you're gonna retail a kit, it does seem kinda like a shortcut when there are springs out there that provide that much lift without the need for spacers. And as Wade 1 pointed out, seems unusual they don't address control arms since there is no way to go that high with stock CA's. Just my nickel's worth.......

To get that much lift, you are asking for trouble with a cheap kit like that. Always remember...you get what you pay for and when you see a "deal" like that...it's not usually a "deal" in the end.

The Motion Offroad Lift Kits appear to be very complete and good quality, but you will need to save a bit more money to get good stuff. :cheers:

To get that much lift, you are asking for trouble with a cheap kit like that. Always remember...you get what you pay for and when you see a "deal" like that...it's not usually a "deal" in the end.

The Motion Offroad Lift Kits appear to be very complete and good quality, but you will need to save a bit more money to get good stuff. :cheers:

exactly. though it may seem like your saving money, you will probably not be happy with the lift and want to purchase a new one. i've learned the hard way and my advice would be to save up a little longer for a good quality kit like motion's or rubicon express.

exactly. though it may seem like your saving money, you will probably not be happy with the lift and want to purchase a new one. i've learned the hard way and my advice would be to save up a little longer for a good quality kit like motion's or rubicon express.

VERY GOOD ADVICE HERE!!!!! Words of wisdom as it where..... :brows:

CW

I second or third or quadruple that comment on saving up for a nicer kit. In the long run you'll be ALOT happier, plus if you decide to resell it, you can get more money for it...

I'd recommend Rubicon Express all day long. Absolutley beautiful parts and the install was really strait forward. :cheers:

No experience with motion's stuff but I'm sure it's up to par too. ;)

I myself just went through all of this trying to lift my MJ for as little $ as possible. Ended up with RE coils, RE adjustable uppers and lowers with superflex joints, and Gen 2 RE swaybar discos. Ended up spending +/- $1000 more than I wanted and don't regret it at all. The amount of time it took to get where I am now and all the extra fuel I burned while driving my GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 in the mean time, it wouldn't have cost the extra grand to bite the bullet at the start. Besides, it's just money :brows:

• 2 weeks later...
I know some people have questioned why they combined springs and spacers up front. It's one thing for someone to piece together their own lift like that, but if you're gonna retail a kit, it does seem kinda like a shortcut when there are springs out there that provide that much lift without the need for spacers. And as Wade 1 pointed out, seems unusual they don't address control arms since there is no way to go that high with stock CA's. Just my nickel's worth.......

Make that a penny or two, here is a nickel. I don't see a dam thing wrong with running OME springs and coil spacers combined or selling them as a lift kit, my personal experience for years of trouble free offroading and daily driving the hell out of my Jeeps with OME and spacer lifts is what my opinion is based on. OME makes great springs but they are on the short side so have to be combined with spacers for more lift.

The RRO lift kit doesn't address control arms. This is actually a benifit of the kit. You have the freedom to do a long arm kit, a drop bracket kit, or your favorite adjustable control arms. Or you can get more technical and research 4 link vs 3 link mods. It's way better in my opinion than getting stuck with parts you will want to change anyway. Your more likely to get stuck with parts you don't want doing a kit with arms. If you like OME springs and the axle specific nature of a bolt on SOA kit works for you, and you don't mind or better yet prefer choosing your favorite mix and match parts such as control arms, and/or you can't afford to do it all at once, then the RRO kit parts are a great and perfect to build on.