97 doors 'n' switches

Are the 97-up 2 door switches pretty much the same as the 4 doors? I have some 01 doors for my truck and know where a good set of 98 two door switches are., but I don't want to make the hour trip if the 2 door switches arent going to fit my 4 door panels.. Thanks, jt

OK here's the deal,, I have 01 doors to put on the MJ. These 01 doors came off a four door XJ. The doors are going on a MJ with only two windows,,, so I'd rather have switches from a late model XJ that had two doors so to lose those extra two window switches. I don't need a master switch for four doors need it for two doors (unless I could find a power rear window and power sunroof I'd use the extra two switches to operate them, but thats not going to happen unless I build it myself) I was hoping someone had a 97-up XJ with two doors they could compare the two master switches.

Like hopefully the two door switches fit in the four doors panels..

OK here's the deal,, I have 01 doors to put on the MJ. These 01 doors came off a four door XJ. The doors are going on a MJ with only two windows,,, so I'd rather have switches from a late model XJ that had two doors so to lose those extra two window switches. I don't need a master switch for four doors need it for two doors (unless I could find a power rear window and power sunroof I'd use the extra two switches to operate them, but thats not going to happen unless I build it myself) I was hoping someone had a 97-up XJ with two doors they could compare the two master switches.

Like hopefully the two door switches fit in the four doors panels..

They may fit, but then you'll just have some wierd holes where your other switches used to be.

To really do it right you would need to do surgery, drill out the plastic "spot welds" that hold the bezel around the switches from a 2 door door panel, and then remove it from the 4 door door panel you want to use, then glue the 2 door bezel onto the 4 door door panel.

Lots of work for not alot of gain.

Just looking at pictures in the parts catalog,

it appears that the 2 and 4 door holes in the trim

panel are the same size,so 2 dr switches and bezels wouldn't

leave an open hole,but Sir Sam says otherwise.

Sorry I ain't more help.