nights again...woohoo first "day" on the job

JeepcoMJ

gah. just got done with my first day (night) at KBI, which is a company that services McDonald's Coca-Cola machines. we're currently on a night schedule because of the massive remodels which are happening here in WI...it's actually not that bad.

basically, we're moving and/or replacing the self-serve beverage dispensors, the mocha and coffee dispensors, and the Automatic Beverage Server (ABS) which is located at the second drive-through window.

but, after a night of that, I've both realized that i can handle it, and have gotten a newfound respect for plumbers...it is NOT fun running 1/2" ID plastic hose through the ceiling.

not too bad though.. next week I'll be out of town working for them...i'm pretty stoked about this job truth be told. i can't wait to get back to school, but this is $$$ in my pocket for now :D (can't wait for day shifts to start up either :brows: )

but, after a night of that, I've both realized that i can handle it, and have gotten a newfound respect for plumbers...it is NOT fun running 1/2" ID plastic hose through the ceiling.

I have a good friend who is an electrician and every now and again I help him when he needs an extra set of hands. We had to run 3/4" service cable (the wire loom running from the incoming electrical service to your electrical panel in your garage or where ever) through a house one time. 60' of cable (which weighs close to 80 lbs) took us 6 hours to run. And I dislocated my shoulder about 3 times doing it. :nuts: :mad:

I had a new found respect for electricians similar to what you experienced probably.

Sounds good....I'm currently searching for another job since i got layed off last Friday when my parents sold their Dealership and I decided not 2 work for the new owners......Its all good, I'm young and can wing it for alittle while ;)

Hey you wanna deliver pizzas down here close to Harrisburg? I can't for the life of me find anyone who wants to work weekends. :brows:

Sounds good....I'm currently searching for another job since i got layed off last Friday when my parents sold their Dealership and I decided not 2 work for the new owners......Its all good, I'm young and can wing it for alittle while ;)

Hey you wanna deliver pizzas down here close to Harrisburg? I can't for the life of me find anyone who wants to work weekends. :brows:

Hey Chico I worked for this Italian restaurant like from when I was 16 to now 32. Still I might go there and cook me a cheese steak on the flat top ( you know cause I got it like that) but we made the best "PIES" ever.. Just thought I'd hi jack this thread to let you know,, no matter what I bet you a cold one I can out cook you on a oven.. :brows: :D :cheers:

basically, we're moving and/or replacing the self-serve beverage dispensors, the mocha and coffee dispensors, and the Automatic Beverage Server (ABS) which is located at the second drive-through window.

Dude you should try to acquire you a CO2 tank from a job for a air system...

Dude you should try to acquire you a CO2 tank from a job for a air system...

:D

not a CO2 tank. I'm asking my boss (who happens to be a jeeper with a SICK built YJ and thus why i got the job jamminz.gif ) about a tank he's got sitting at the shop...he actually has 3 of them, they need mildly refurbished but are not leaky and have locations for about 5 fittings on them...something like 7.5 gallons of air or such held in them, long cylinders. it would be nice to get two of those as they're so low-profile and I can even fit them under the toolbox.

fittings too ;)