track bar questions

would like to know what size wrench or socket it takes for the castle nut on the track bar. also looking for the best place to buy a new track bar. I just installed 1 3/4" coil spacers, so I don't believe I need longer than oem for this situation. I am tryin to get rid of DW.

90% of the aftermarket trackbars out on the market will not work with that minimal amount of lift.

Your cheapest / best option is probably to just replace it with a OEM or factory replacement one. You should be able to get one at your local auto-supply store.

If your wanting aftermarket, we offer one that will work with your lift height. It's much beefier than stock and comes with a lifetime warranty. Nice thing is that it's adjustable so you can center your axle precisely and if you ever go higher you won't need to get another one (unless you go higher than 4").

http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/index. ... cts_id=134

3/4" wrench fits the castle nut on the upper track bar mount (1/2" stud)

Most of the problem is the "bushing" in the frame mount is worn oblong (egg shape) and is not available at the parts store, after market or junk yard.

I am tryin to get rid of DW.

If you look back at the survey that Eagle did, this might not be your problem.

It could be as simple as your tires causing the DW.

just to give an update, I am going to get new tires put on and then get the front end aligned. While I had a set of tires off my cherokee on the mj it did not have DW as bad as when the 55,000 michelins are on, and the alignment has not been checked since the 2 years that I own it. So I figure I might as well start there instead of changing out parts that I don't see anything wrong with, especially since I just did the coil spacer installation and it seems to be worse since then. I will keep updating the situation until I find the cure.

just to give an update, I am going to get new tires put on and then get the front end aligned. While I had a set of tires off my cherokee on the mj it did not have DW as bad as when the 55,000 michelins are on, and the alignment has not been checked since the 2 years that I own it. So I figure I might as well start there instead of changing out parts that I don't see anything wrong with, especially since I just did the coil spacer installation and it seems to be worse since then. I will keep updating the situation until I find the cure.

Did not have death wobble "as bad"?

I don't think you're talking about death wobble. You either have death wobble ... or you don't. Don't confuse "shimmy" with "death wobble." If the Jeep isn't trying to jump off the road, if your life isn't flashing in front of your eyes and you aren't peeing in your pants screaming "Oh my God I'm gonna DIE!!!!" ... it isn't death wobble.

And I am NOT exaggerating.