Dash clock testing

ok, so I only have the clock and the wires that come out of it, not the female connector, so does this mean that I need to get the female connector or is there one on the other side of the dash for me to plug into?

yes, i believe all mj's have the pigtail in there for the clock.

ok, so I only have the clock and the wires that come out of it, not the female connector, so does this mean that I need to get the female connector or is there one on the other side of the dash for me to plug into?

yes, i believe all mj's have the pigtail in there for the clock.

Then in that case it will be plug n play?

Mine was plug and play. If you don't have the connector on the end of the clock, use gojeeps website, (already posted in this thread) and use the wiring diagrams to connect the correct wires with the already existing wires in the dash.

assuming you have the pigtail on the clock you got, yes....

And assuming that the clock is the same year as the Jeep.

Yep. The clock plug went from 86-87 was big and blue, 88-90 was black, and 91 was white I believe. Johnny you have a PM.

assuming you have the pigtail on the clock you got, yes....

And assuming that the clock is the same year as the Jeep.

Yep. The clock plug went from 86-87 was big and blue, 88-90 was black, and 91 was white I believe. Johnny you have a PM.

yup, forgot to mention all that! there's a thread on here somewhere with pics of each year and the difference in pigtails.

yup, forgot to mention all that! there's a thread on here somewhere with pics of each year and the difference in pigtails.

I think its on gojeep. Its the pics of the female side (clock side) but they look the same as in the dash.

I wish the LED clock (86-87) was plug and play for my 88. I CAN get it to work, I just don't want it bad enough to have to cut and splice. :laughin:

here's mine.

Image Not Found[/img]

ok, plugged it in and.....it works...except that about 4 of the cells in the screen do not work, thats fine though b/c it was a gamble on it working anyway. I guess that I'm looking for another one out of an 89 as the 90 design does not look like its light output is as good as the 89 due to the bulb being recessed from the back of the panel.