I have a 90 Comanche w/o AC but would like to put a system in. Does anyone sell a full kit (preferably a R134 kit)? Alternatively, does anyone know what the component list is that I need to get including change outs (do I need to change out the blower going from heater only to heat+AC)? Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

These guys are both in the same boat.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11199

I have not done the conversion, but you'll need everything under the hood associated with the A/C, the A/C heater core box, and all the vacuum tubing and the controls in the dash. Basically everything that touches the A/C. Converting to 134 is simple enough so focus on getting parts junkyard that are in good shape. New parts are exceedingly expensive. It may even be worth it to buy a donor XJ that has working A/C and then sell off the rest of the Jeep when you're done.

You mean put both fans in? Will they fit? Of course this is all future speculation since I now have to find a different parts rig.

MJ's w/o A/C and/or the HD Towing package options did come with an electric fan from the factory. So you will have to add one in addition to the mechanical fan.

small thread hijack.....

Can you wire an e-fan into the stock harness if your MJ didn't come with one originally? I picked one up for my 4.0 swap and was planning to just wire it on a switch (via relay) in-cab, but if I can do it factory style and let the coolant temp control it I would.

Jeff

small thread hijack.....

Can you wire an e-fan into the stock harness if your MJ didn't come with one originally? I picked one up for my 4.0 swap and was planning to just wire it on a switch (via relay) in-cab, but if I can do it factory style and let the coolant temp control it I would. Jeff

Don't know about the Renix, but the wiring is there in the HOs, all except the short piece from the front bulkhead connector to the fan itself. And the fan relay is missing from it's socket in the Power Distribution Center. The trigger wire from the ECU to the relay coil is there too. 'Course, this doesn't help ya with the Renix Jeff. Is the temp switch bunghole free on your radiator? If so I'd stick an OEM switch in there to an external relay and wire in a manual over-ride dash switch. Or you could get the 1991+ Thermostat housing w. the bunghole and put your temp switch there.

Don't have a radiator yet, that's one of the few remaining things I still need. I was going to clean up the waterneck I have now (and install a new thermostat), but I might swap in a new 91+ housing and cap the sensor hole for now until I can figure out the wiring.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm about 3/4 done with my a/c install. pulled everything from a '94 chero. they are R134A systems. E-fan is the easy part, the mounting tabs are already un the rad. for a fact. fan, just use an toggle switch & relay. if you can,get the whole wiring harness for a renix w/AC. it will be much easier than making one as i am. i'm looking for a harness myself.