disk brakes on a rear ford 9inch

I think mine has chevy calipers. I'll go check on that later today. (I didn't assemble it, I bought the axle whole as-is)

This guy used K-10 Chevy calipers:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229934

This guy used S-10 calipers:

http://fordfuelinjection.com/bronco/brakes.html

And if your rotors have slop around the lugs, I found spacers at Lowes that fit perfectly:

I am not interested in the 8.8, I prefer the nine, it will give me the option on my street MJ of having two different gear ratios, one for the track, one for the street. plus I love the aftermarket support for it. And I already have one, with the right trac width for a jeep.

did on better. Went searching through the yunkyard till I found 5 on 4.5 shafts. they had to come out of two different rancheros. My 9" has either 29.5 or 30" shafts when I pulled the 5 on 5.5 shafts out. Ranchers have one side that is the same length and one side that is longer. So I found two shafts that work and rolled out. However, before it goes under I will probably break down and buy some moser shafts anyway. I think they were around 160 last I looked. Beefy and dead sexy.

I'm going to use cj 7 rotors there a little loose around the center but I'm not going to use the jeep on the road. (found out that would work through extreme 4x4). but if there are any other ideas I'm open for anything.

I'm going to use cj 7 rotors there a little loose around the center but I'm not going to use the jeep on the road. (found out that would work through extreme 4x4). but if there are any other ideas I'm open for anything.

I used 79 Bronco rotors and the bushings like Pete did, I have the same rotors (Bronco) and same calipers (waggy/GM) all around.

Check Auto Zone for hub/rotor combos, even though you don't need the hub. I found out it was cheaper to buy the hub/rotor setup than just the rotor. :nuts:

Brian

And if your rotors have slop around the lugs, I found spacers at Lowes that fit perfectly:

Pete, couple of questions; actually more than a couple, about your wheel stud spacers you got at Lowes:

1. I realize they are 1/2' ID; what's the length and the OD?

2. Are they steel? ASSume they are......

3. Did you have to drill out the rotor holes to get them in there? and

4. Does the rotor come off easily using them?

I have 2 sets of ford 8.8 brakes, one from a lincoln the other from an explorer, neither one bolts up. ANd it would be too much of a pain to mod it to work. I have heard this rumor before, I just don't know what years to be looking for.

If you have a small bearing housing it will bolt right up, I have a large bearing and 3/8" studs.

Pete, couple of questions; actually more than a couple, about your wheel stud spacers you got at Lowes:

1. I realize they are 1/2' ID; what's the length and the OD?

2. Are they steel? ASSume they are......

3. Did you have to drill out the rotor holes to get them in there? and

4. Does the rotor come off easily using them?

1- I think it's a 1/2" inner and 5/8" outer. The choices in the store were quite limited. they were the ones with the thinnest wall I bought long ones and cut them to length with the sawzall.

2- yup

3- No drilling was necessary. Although I think the guy that built it said he milled down the inner surface of the rotors to fit over the axle flange.

4- rotor comes off just fine. Although every time I take the rotor off I'll have to keep an eye on 5 little pieces of steel. Good thing that won't happen often.

1- I think it's a 1/2" inner and 5/8" outer. The choices in the store were quite limited. they were the ones with the thinnest wall I bought long ones and cut them to length with the sawzall.

2- yup

3- No drilling was necessary. Although I think the guy that built it said he milled down the inner surface of the rotors to fit over the axle flange.

4- rotor comes off just fine. Although every time I take the rotor off I'll have to keep an eye on 5 little pieces of steel. Good thing that won't happen often.

Cool. It almost looks like your rotors are for 9/16" or 14mm studs. My Ford rotors are a bit sloppy too; I'll look into doing this.