Front dana 44 installation question

Call up Bob @ TNT (Treks) and order up the D44 truss for the XJ. You'll weld the truss onto the axle and than be able to bolt it in.

If he has the radius arm D44 I'm not sure that the truss will work with it - at least not without a lot of modification. I think it only works with the Wagoneer or leaf spring Ford D44s.

Willy

Call up Bob @ TNT (Treks) and order up the D44 truss for the XJ. You'll weld the truss onto the axle and than be able to bolt it in.

If he has the radius arm D44 I'm not sure that the truss will work with it - at least not without a lot of modification. I think it only works with the Wagoneer or leaf spring Ford D44s.

Willy

They offer 3 truss systems for a front D44.

Ford Radius Arm - TT-1104

Ford Leaf Spring - TT-1103

Waggy 44 (1980+) - TT-1183

100_8549.jpg

I spent a couple minutes looking on google and couldn't find a pic of an axle that still had the cast arm mounts on it under the truss. Maybe it's for the earlier ones that had the weld on mounts and you need to remove them?

Apparently I needed a couple more minutes. On the TNT site it says that it is only compatible with the weld-on axle and the mounts need to be removed.

This truss is designed to fit a HP Dana 44 with weld on wedges only. HP Dana 44's with the hollow casting wedges are not compatible.

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/pro ... roduct=792

Willy

They offer 3 truss systems for a front D44.

Ford Radius Arm - TT-1104

Ford Leaf Spring - TT-1103

Waggy 44 (1980+) - TT-1183

100_8549.jpg

That looks way better than the Rubicon Express mount kit I put on my waggy 44, we had to modify it to get it to work too!! :nuts: