The LHC.

possum

So what do you guys think. Is the new particle accelerator gonna cause a black hole and swallow up the Earth? Experiments are cool but if you have the possibility of destroying human existance maybe you shouldn't go through with it. But whoever spent 8 billion dollars building it probably won't be the one to red light it until we are all being swallowed into the black hole.

I kinda like this stuff that causes people to act stupid. Like Y2K, what are you gonna do about it if it does happen? Not a damn thing but die like the rest.

Where is it? I wanna be on the exact opposite side of the planet so I can indeed have the last laugh when it works and they get sucked in first. :yes:

But in all actuality, no I don't think it'll work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Its big, and has a large audience. That said, I don't buy the hype. Sure it could do this and could do that, an experiment like this will be lucky to work at all.

Also is rumored to have the possibility to spread new viruses accross the planet and a lot of other shyt. I am not a big follower or anything, I get all my info from a guy at work who is.

Sounds stupid, its a big grey area to me. haha.

Not going into a lengthy explanation here. Suffice it to say I took a number of physics courses in college, including nuclear physics and particle physics, and am not worried about it.

But why did I go to college for 4 years and got a job in a wood shop making oak furniture?