its frozen......

i have a chevy 350 that sat for a while. i tried to turn it with a socket and couldnt. i pulled the heads and there was some rust on the pistons but nothing major. i put oil in the cylinders, and let them set. oil was gone when i checked so it seeped in, but the engine still won't turn...

any ideas? :cry:

Since you have the heads off, you can squirt the Marvel Mystery Oil around the pistons then do as Pete said as well. ;)

I know Seafoam is good for cleaing, but I am not sure how good it is at lubricating/penetrating.

I prefer it as a penetrating oil over most anything, better than PB Blaster even. You can get it in a spray foam type called Deep Creep. Use it, let it soak for a few hours then come back with the hammer. I use the day before I work on the Jeep and let it soak overnight.

If none of this works, best bet, would be to go ahead and grab a new set of main and rod bearings and some rings, as well as a bottle brush. Do a mini rebuild.

I prefer it as a penetrating oil over most anything, better than PB Blaster even. You can get it in a spray foam type called Deep Creep. Use it, let it soak for a few hours then come back with the hammer. I use the day before I work on the Jeep and let it soak overnight.

If none of this works, best bet, would be to go ahead and grab a new set of main and rod bearings and some rings, as well as a bottle brush. Do a mini rebuild.

if you half to go the mini rebuild i would recoment a hone job also

i am working on a AMC 401 bb out of an old rambler (i think) i used a lot of wd-40 and it seeped in pretty quick then i used some castrol- i had some left over from my last oil change then hit #4 cause it was TDC and she was free

if you half to go the mini rebuild i would recoment a hone job also

thats what the bottle brush is for... really not that hard to do yourself.

half of what? jk