Real Bad day.

Silver88

So I buy an 88 XJ for my son(17) to drive to work and school when needed.

He lives in De. with his mother and sister. I figured that for $400.00, I couldn't go wrong. Besides, if it died on him, it had a lot of parts I could strip for the MJ.

Wouldn't ya know it( just my luck) he has an accident and pretty much wrecks the front axle, control arm, tie rods, ect. Between towing charges, storage, finding a shop down there, and having it towed again; I signed over the title in lieu of.

But, the one thing I'm thankful for is that he wasn't hurt, no one else got hurt, and I hope he learned a valuable lesson in paying attention to the road.

I can't replace it, so he's stuck depending on his mom, who isn't dependable hence buing the car in the first place.

It just really bit the big one,we didn't even have it 2 weeks. :cry:

Thanks.

Of course half the problem is the B&^%#$^h won't even let him drive with her in the car. I told him that from now on when we( wife and daughter and I) come down on the weekend for dinner and such, I want him to drive to gain more experience.

Live and Learn! :oops:

My oldest is 17, Problem here is that she is a very skillful driver and she knows it. That sometimes makes her a little reckless. At least she's not too good a navigator (and knows it too) so she doesn't venture far from home by herself.

So far no accidents yet.

My oldest is 17, Problem here is that she is a very skillful driver and she knows it. That sometimes makes her a little reckless. At least she's not too good a navigator (and knows it too) so she doesn't venture far from home by herself.

So far no accidents yet.

:D :D :D :D