over my head / hot water

shawn

so tell us what all you had to do to get it running?! great score man!

i bought a starter motor from my neighbour for $20. and wiped down the interior with soapy water then -vrooooom ! - I'm gone ! - been driving every day since. - but it will need new back brakes very soon.

still at $325.- cupholder included.

I fixed it. You had the closing tag at the start, and the opening tag at the close.

Looks like he's put two additional leaves into the spring packs and kept ehe stock leaves. Which means the lift is accomplished by pivoting the axle 9and wheels) down and forward from the front spring eye. Your photos don't show the rear shackcle, but I'll guess it's probably pointed mostly forward as opposed to being basically vertical like it should be.

Those are basically stock size tires. That truck doesn't need a lift. I'd bring it back down to stock height, or maybe a 1" or 2" lift at most.

How was the front lifted?

yes , springs added to mj leafpack. - rear shackles seem fine ( more or less vertical-its my eliminator that has the shackles pointing forward)

the front must just b longer coils -i don't see anything unusual there. the LCA s are 1/2" longer than stock and the swaybar links are just not there.

drives nice nut abit loosey-goosey in a straight line. i will re-evaluate that when i put in another tie-rod and possibly a steering stabilizer.

I'm trying to keep the budget to under $4oo for now. -(shameless bragging)

IMG_5504.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool. I was actually referring to when he is in the bed of the truck while driving down the road. I hate seeing dogs in the back who are not properly restrained. It is incredibly dangerous for them. They can't understand the concept of what will happen if they jump out and could go after anything.

I was recently driving through Portland on I-5 behind a Sport Trac with a dog in the back. He was running back and forth, hanging over the edge of the bed, and barking at every vehicle that drove by. Luckily he didn't jump out, but I thought he was a couple of times. I was fully prepared to beat the sh*t out of the driver if he did. :mad:

It's cool that the hospital let's him in. I bet he brightens the day of a lot of the patients.

Willy

• 3 weeks later...

ya - he's pretty calm and we live in a very small coastal community and its only a few blocks in any direction - but i totaly agree w/u about being very careful - he's not harnessed but he has a leash thats mounted to the middle of the front of the box on both my comanches (a short one).

new steering u-joints and back brakes today - pushing the budget to a new limit.

this blue truck has no sway bar links. i figure the lift in it is 3" (and I'm thinking of putting in coil spacers). can anyone tell me a cheap sb link that would be appropriate? i have heard that TJ links are about the right size. - any advice appreciated.

I can't remember if they are off certain year Comanches/Cherokees, or if it was off something else, but there are stock type sway bar links that are a little longer. They may or may not work with 3" of lift, but definitely not with 5. The stock ones (7.25" long I believe) will not work with 3" of lift. My buddy's XJ came like that, and 1 link had busted, the other bent. That may be why yours are missing.

With 5" of lift (3" plus spacers) I would get quick disconnects. Motion Offroad sells them for not much more than 2 new links from a parts store would cost (especially in Canada), or you can make your own. I think there's a write-up somewhere.

• 1 month later...