If you have LeBaron hood vents...

I know it really isn't an issue for the guys with a 4.0. I would have a bit of an issue cause I got a V8 shoehorned in there. I guess I am just picky and don't like the idea of water all over my air cleaner or valve covers.

put the vents more on the side of the hood so there not over your air cleaner.... :nuts:

The only place they will fit is in the center due to the metal reinforcements.

100_1166.jpg

It can be done with those, but was meaning like those slim line vents that are usally added to the edges of the hood.

Drip pans are not an option since I have almost zero clearance between the hood and air cleaner. I guess my original idea of fashining some sheet metal covers is the best option for me. I am not worried about it when I am out on the trail but when it is parked is my concern. But wait the new house has a garage so I guess I answered my own question. :thwak:

I thought on this for a while... I even went so far as to aquire a set... But decided against it. I lifted the rear of the hood instead. ;)

Anyone thought on Buick style vents thru the front fenders??

CW

See that was what I thought about before but not so much in the water holes I play in. But I often thought of a vent through the passenger side firewall out the wipercowl then theres aplace for the water to go and heat can escape from under the hood.

I used gen 3 firebird hood scoops. They fit preyyt well with just cutting the right size hole. Or, if you gret really advanced you could cut out the portion of th firebird hood around them and flus mount them. I put them on the front about 2ft apart, right above the gap between the radiator and the motor, that way the hot air trapped behind the radiator can rise strait up.