Refrigerator ... Any appliance gurus here??

BLHTAZ

Our frige has been making a clunking noise every time the compressor shuts off for about 3-4 months now. It has slowly been getting louder over time. I finally had time to pull it out and take the back off so I could get a look as I was thinking that maybe one (or more) of the mounting bolts had come loose, but they are all good & tight and the bushings are in good shape. I grabbed the compressor and gave it a little shake to find that there is something inside banging around when I wiggle it. The frige is working fine, but for how long...?? :dunno:

I can't imagine any other response than ... "time for a new frige" , but who knows? This one is about 10+/- years old now. If it makes any difference to anyone...it's a Whirlpool 21 cu. ft.. ;)

That would be the compressor pumping down almost into a vaccuum and being shut off by the low pressure safety switch. I just replaced mine about 3 months ago, which had been doing that for the last 3 years.

Jeff

10.5 years on a fridge is not a long time for normal life, but is when you consider the mechanical and energy efficency improvements that have been made. We moved our 12 year model out to the garage and the first thing I noticed with the new one was it did not run nearly as long (hopefully saving energy :D ).

Thanks guys. I guess we will start shopping for another one. This is our primary unit, but we do have another one in the laundry room so if this one goes out we will not be totaly stuck...I'll just have to set some BL Lime out on the floor to make some room for food in the other one :brows:

Thanks guys. I guess we will start shopping for another one. This is our primary unit, but we do have another one in the laundry room so if this one goes out we will not be totaly stuck...I'll just have to set some BL Lime out on the floor to make some room for food in the other one :brows:

Nah..... Just start drinking now!!

Nah..... Just start drinking now!!

Here Here...

Thanks guys. I guess we will start shopping for another one. This is our primary unit, but we do have another one in the laundry room so if this one goes out we will not be totally stuck...I'll just have to set some BL Lime out on the floor to make some room for food in the other one :brows:

Its a proven fact that storing excessive amounts of any fruity beer in a fridge limits its life expectancy to ten years... Gee-sh... I thought EVERYONE knew that... :roll: :roll: ;)

Get a new fridge, Have a "Bring a Case a Beer" party and invite your Comanche Club buds over!! jamminz.gif :cheers: :brows: :brows:

Its a win/win, your fridge gets filled with beer, your buddies get to enjoy it. Its ALL GOOD!!

CW

Thanks guys. I guess we will start shopping for another one. This is our primary unit, but we do have another one in the laundry room so if this one goes out we will not be totally stuck...I'll just have to set some BL Lime out on the floor to make some room for food in the other one :brows:

Its a proven fact that storing excessive amounts of any fruity beer in a fridge limits its life expectancy to ten years... Gee-sh... I thought EVERYONE knew that... :roll: :roll: ;)

Get a new fridge, Have a "Bring a Case a Beer" party and invite your Comanche Club buds over!! jamminz.gif :cheers: :brows: :brows:

Its a win/win, your fridge gets filled with beer, your buddies get to enjoy it. Its ALL GOOD!!

CW

won't be filled long if you go!!!! lol :rotfl2:

The one with all the Fruity Beer in it is the one that is doing good. I only bring a few at a time out if the storage frig when I'm drinking...which is typically only on weekends.

I wish there were more "CC Buds" closer. The nearest one in FL is over an hour away.

CW

won't be filled long if you go!!!! lol :rotfl2:

A mans got to carry his weight. :D :cheers: :cheers: jamminz.gif Just doin' my share!! :eek: :D :roll: ;)

CW