Got my interior finished.......

vzehler

BUT I'm still short a couple bucket seats. I've given up on the 96 buckets ive found... just no easy way to get them into the comanche. Still gotta re-do the sunvisors and find new courtesy lights. Anyways, here's a couple pics for you guys

Before:

After:

Nice job. What did you use for the headliner panel?

I'm fortunate to have a nice fabric shop around that has a whole building devoted to automotive stuff.. They have a kick @$$ headliner material for about 8 bucks a yard. Even has a thin padding on the back... Got a little hi-temp spray adhesive and stuck it to the old headliner board. Pretty easy and turned out good as new

Man that looks GOOD!!

but I had to fix those photos!!!!!!!

:wall:

lol... i went back into photobucket and rotated em... that annoys me too...

Yea its a new carpet kit from JC Whitney. (Auto Custom Carpets) Got it for 124 bucks shipped and received it in 2 days... It worked out great being molded and all, came with new jute padding on the back.. It is a pain to locate and cut the holes for the seats tho

Man that looks GOOD!!

Yea its a new carpet kit from JC Whitney. (Auto Custom Carpets) Got it for 124 bucks shipped and received it in 2 days... It worked out great being molded and all, came with new jute padding on the back.. It is a pain to locate and cut the holes for the seats tho

I thought that'd be easy to do ,, well on mine that is, because my truck has studs that stick up from the floor.. :dunno:

Beleive me I know,,, Ive been doing alot of wiring, fuse box work and those suckers get on my nerves!!!

Man that looks GOOD!!

I thought that'd be easy to do ,, well on mine that is, because my truck has studs that stick up from the floor.. :dunno:

Beleive me I know,,, Ive been doing alot of wiring, fuse box work and those suckers get on my nerves!!!

well, they're easy to find but the padding on the back makes it hard for the studs to come through easily... plus you have to cut holes for the seat belts, and trim off all the excess (they give you about 6 inches of extra on all sides). You have to be precise though because one mis-cut and you'll end up short... More time consuming than anything I guess..

Man that looks GOOD!!

well, they're easy to find but the padding on the back makes it hard for the studs to come through easily... plus you have to cut holes for the seat belts, and trim off all the excess (they give you about 6 inches of extra on all sides). You have to be precise though because one mis-cut and you'll end up short... More time consuming than anything I guess..

Good to know man! I'm planning on getting a new carpet for my truck,,, here's the place, and its only like 2 hours away from me

They sent me some samples and their carpets look GOOD!!

Man that looks GOOD!!

Good to know man! I'm planning on getting a new carpet for my truck,,, here's the place, and its only like 2 hours away from me

They sent me some samples and their carpets look GOOD!!

Yea, i looked at a couple sites for carpet and couldn't muster the gonads to order from places I've never atlease heard of. I actually had to return one carpet kit to JC Whitney because I wasn't happy with the color (dark gray) turned out to be like a blue gray. Anyways, JC whitney returned it no problem and shipped me out the replacement (charcoal)

I got my new ACC carpet from www.stockinteriors.com for $108.

The seat holes were the easiest to do. All you do is find where the studs are under the carpet and whack the studs with a hammer a couple of times. Then the stud just comes right throught the carpet.

The trimming around the t-case shifter tripped me up a bit. I cut a little outside the line, so there's a small hole showing. Oh well...

I got my new ACC carpet from www.stockinteriors.com for $108.

The seat holes were the easiest to do. All you do is find where the studs are under the carpet and whack the studs with a hammer a couple of times. Then the stud just comes right throught the carpet.

The trimming around the t-case shifter tripped me up a bit. I cut a little outside the line, so there's a small hole showing. Oh well...

Thats thew same place I'm thinking of getting my carpet from.. How was the quality??

Thats thew same place I'm thinking of getting my carpet from.. How was the quality??

The quality is OK at best. I've seen one other MJ with a ACC carpet, and it had the same problem as mine...both were loose around the passenger's side of the transmission tunnel. If anything i thought i would have a problem with it being tight because i put down sound deadening before the carpet went in.

The quality is OK at best. I've seen one other MJ with a ACC carpet, and it had the same problem as mine...both were loose around the passenger's side of the transmission tunnel. If anything i thought i would have a problem with it being tight because i put down sound deadening before the carpet went in.

agreed on the loosness of the carpet around the hump area, BUT, your original carpet kit has jute padding over the hump, where the ACC kit does not. You can get mass backing as an option from ACC for an extra $60 bucks, which i didnt think was worth it. However, it did go buy some jute padding from the upholstery shop and as you can see in the pictures, the carpet fits nice and snug.

The interior looks great, execept that shifter handle has to go.

it's just a knob I've had laying around the garage which is only a little better than the crappy simulated carbon fiber one seen in the before pictures. I would like to have a stock knob, but, I have yet to find a jeep in the junkyard with a manual tranny. Got a nice one laying around you wanna get rid of?

agreed on the loosness of the carpet around the hump area, BUT, your original carpet kit has jute padding over the hump, where the ACC kit does not. You can get mass backing as an option from ACC for an extra $60 bucks, which i didnt think was worth it. However, it did go buy some jute padding from the upholstery shop and as you can see in the pictures, the carpet fits nice and snug.

All true. I skipped the mass backing because i read among other things it makes the new carpet that much harder to cut and work with. Underneath the new carpet i have a layer of of some stuff called Overkill over top of a layer of Damplifier. Between the two, its as thick as the jute padding from under the original carpet; thick enough that i had to skip using the overkill around the seat bracket bolts.

btw, forgot to mention this in my first post...that is some nice work on the interior. I'm in the middle of the same project and hope it turns out half as nice.

All true. I skipped the mass backing because i read among other things it makes the new carpet that much harder to cut and work with. Underneath the new carpet i have a layer of of some stuff called Overkill over top of a layer of Damplifier. Between the two, its as thick as the jute padding from under the original carpet; thick enough that i had to skip using the overkill around the seat bracket bolts.

btw, forgot to mention this in my first post...that is some nice work on the interior. I'm in the middle of the same project and hope it turns out half as nice.

That Damplifier stuff... Is it pretty much Dynamat? How much did you use on the floors??