How do you know if your track bar is worn?

Just have someone else get behind the wheel. You stay out front and underneath where you can see whats happening with your track bar.

Now have them agressively turn the wheel left and then right. Jeep running or not won't matter much. watch the track bar ends in both turning directions.

There should be no movement at the frame end and very minimal at the axle end, If thre is movementm it needs replacement as nothing is servicable on a stock TB.

CW

A photo most likely won't show you much.

They wear in two places. One being the bushing end on the axle side. The bushing will eventually go bad causing "slop" between the bolt and the bushing. The other end is the TRE (body mount side). Being that the trackbar is a solid piece (non-adjustable) if the TRE end is shot you have to replace the entire piece. If the TRE is sloppy as well; it's shot.

Just have someone else get behind the wheel. You stay out front and underneath where you can see whats happening with your track bar.

Now have them agressively turn the wheel left and then right. Jeep running or not won't matter much. watch the track bar ends in both turning directions.

There should be no movement at the frame end and very minimal at the axle end, If thre is movementm it needs replacement as nothing is servicable on a stock TB.

CW

Actually, there can be excessive "slop" that you can feel as vagueness in the steering when the movement is so slight you can't see it. I prefer to grap the bar and let part of my hand overlap the bracket (this works on both ends). Have your asistant turn the steering wheel and you feel for movement. If you can feel the bar moving relative to the bracket, the track bar is on its way south.

Here's what mine looked like that went out last weekend.

You can see the hole got elongated, thus causing it to work itself back and forth until failure. Was lucky enough that I heard the popping noises coming from it when my son drove up and turned. Knew something was bad.

:cheers: