A Drunken Rant

BREEZE1

Man should I be ashamed of owning a mustang???? Hell, every time I try to wave at some other cat driving a stang they always snub me!! WTF??!! I’m just a red blooded American guy that loves & respects American made cars. I’ve always had a jeep and every body waves when your in a jeep but if your in a stang FU pall!! Now I hate rice with a passion, but I don’t go around revving my motor at every other car on the street. Hell I really don’t even race other mustangs. I only race if someone else tries to start it. And being a mustang man I’m suppose to hate chevys!!??? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I have the highest up most respect for them. Those LT1 & LS1’s are killer motors. DANG I GOT TO GO PISS!! I'm OUT! :oops:

It's like the "Jeep wave" that only happens if you're in a SWB Jeep. If I'm driving my BONE STOCK TJ, every TJ/YJ that I pass waves at me. But I can drive past the same people in my hopped up MJ and nothing :nuts:

I've gotten a total of one wave from an XJ to date. It was pretty well built, and we passed each other going into/out of the junkyard.

Jeff

The waving thing has always baffled me. In the sixties virtually every imported car would be involved. Then it all dried up. But you would think someone who drives a somewhat older car, kept in fairly good condition has some level of passion for their marque. But you get nothing, like they don't even see you. And this was before cell phones became a necessity while you drive.

Now motorcycles use that low wave all the time.

As far as the jeep wave goes it varies. I find more people driving jeeps don't understand the whole morale in driving a jeep. But with my MJ I'd get waves from other jeeps, as well as in my XJ. More in my XJ then anything but I wave to other jeeps that are lifted being they are the ones that generally understand the "It's a jeep thing" idea. But I get people that always come up and check out the jeep at gas stations and all that. So yeah, it varies, being there are plenty of times the girl laughs at me cause I waved at a jeep and they waved back, then sometimes they don't. She don't under stand it either.

I also have a mustang, and I don't even bother attempting the wave for this very reason. Ive received it from others a few times, but very rarely. As for the comanche, its pretty funny. I have only gotten ONE wave, since its been on the road, from a lifted cherokee. The funny part is that one time I was traveling between two lifted jeeps( YJ & CJ ) and every jeep we passed in the on-coming lane from CT to RI waved to the YJ, put their hand down, and then waved to the CJ!! Apparently the wave doesnt extend to MJ's. Its like I wasnt even there! Once we arrived where we were going, my friends girlfriend was laughing and told me " thats what you get for not buying a REAL jeep" :nuts: Some people have no clue. Anyways, screw the wave!

Well the CJYJ have an actual group thing that is pushed at the dealer ship. My old man bought his TJ and was given a mag for Jeep owners and it talk about all this waving idea. So ever since then my old man waves to other jeeps.