Just found the forum. It's great to have somewhere to go like this.

I have a '90 Comanche with a 3" Skyjacker lift and 31/10.50's. About 2 months ago I had to go pickup a small boat and trailer. It was the first time this pickup has pulled anything and as I was going about 60mph it all of a sudden started shaking like crazy and I barely got off the highway. Well, I got out and checked everything I could and nothing was broken or loose. For the next hour and a half I was concerned about it happening again, but it never did. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ihaven't pulled the boat since then because I haven't had a chance due to work!! :evil:

Any feed back would be great!

Thanks.

It's call death wobble (DW) and it's very common with coil spring front suspensions. There are many contributing factors and possible causes.

Biggest cause I've seen is a worn out front track bar, and worn out OEM control arm bushings.

DW is generally brought on by hitting a bump, sometimes while in a curve. Usually takes slowing to a near stop to get it to end. Yours was probably agravated by trailer tongue weight making the front end a little light.

Yup, sounds like death wobble. Check the condition of the track bar, control arm bushings, steering linkage ends, ball joints, just about everything up front. Sometimes it's a single cause, sometimes it's a combination of slightly worn parts.

Jeep on!

--Pete

You didnt say what kind of Tranny you have. If you have an auto (especially the AW4) the TPS can go bad and cuase what you describe. The TPS controls the tranny somewhat, and when it starts going will cause the tranny to "search" for a gear giving it that feeling.

Patrick