2500 tail lights

I'll post how I'm gonna shoehorn these cuasi xj lights in the manche.

Not a master at this ;So entertain ur self.watching and thinking

8) : " - I could have done it This way"

So if u have suggestions . they are welcome.

..First of all the 2500 light is : 1/2" shorter , 1" wider , and 1" less deeper that the MJ's........ :popcorn:

Now a tight fit or a factory look will be a bit hard but with imagination duable...

First u need to shave any outer flaps or mounting points that are set for install in the xj . I'll post the pic later I forgot to take one before I diddiddit... :brows:

Notching the side that goes against the bed and sliding such on the inner side of the truck bed.. will resolve most of the extra width ( 1") that the light has.

The light actually covers pretty fair in height still there is a bit of a gap...

Might ask if one slides that extra plastic in .. will the tailgate close properly? Yes I has enough space so You can slide that and take that space on both sides.

Now the light is 'bout an inch to 1 and 1/16th- less deep . so on the side view u see this gap...

There are a few ways to fill it .

Rubber, Metal, Fiberglass. Duct tape... :nuts: no quite sure still what to use .But I am taking advantage of that

folded metal end where the two outer screws for the mj light get set.

So i'll be folding that back , and maybe I can reuse those two holes to set the "filler" piece for such gap.. carefully , take note that it is double wall at that final point..

I'll post more as soon as I have progress.

:chillin:

peace.

I wonder.... do those lights fit in a 96 down xj?? I think I read where it does...

Wondering if one could cut the rear section out the xj and cut the rear of the mj and then form the xj's metal to the mjs bed....

Ive seen lots of tail treatments on hondas, even help put some skyline tails in a mazda 626..

plus all the caddy tails that fit on full size, and s-10 chevy trucks.... :hmm:

;) Yup that's what these lights are for : 1st gen xj's..

That's an interesting approach you mention ;) still u have to figure the extra width or you'll wind up with inch wider tailights than your bed side..

Now if You were to slap some fiberglass sides.. I bet that extra inch would feel right at home.. :brows:

;) Yup that's what these lights are for : 1st gen xj's..

That's an interesting approach you mention ;) still u have to figure the extra width or you'll wind up with inch wider tailights than your bed side..

Now if You were to slap some fiberglass sides.. I bet that extra inch would feel right at home.. :brows:

Got any pictures with them on an xj???

• 3 weeks later...

:cheers:

There is a "feeler tread for 2500 parts " in the classified section. 8)

where any q's are being placed so to see how hard or simple it is to order and get them *.

* Not a group buy tread ; JUST a feeler tread ;)

• 3 weeks later...

:D Forgot to post a pic of the rear of the tail light :roll:

Too lazy right now to take mine out for a pic .. :D But Here is a rear view of the taillight (picture taken frm naxja forum) so u can check socket set up..

Peace. ;)

gixxerman600: :cheers:

Unfortunately; Not that good Buddy :popcorn: This overseas version of the XJ is based on the first Gen XJ body .

So tailgate and tail light configuration follow such design.:redX:

But there are other options like the Euro Tail lights :brows:

But all other Jeep 2500 parts Do fit both XJ Generations frm 1985 - 2001 ( there are even some internal trim parts available that fit only the 97+ )

If U are curious about what parts fit Ur model post up in this tread..

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... 6&start=30

Peace.

;)