taillight removal more problems

I got the lens/light out. Both bulbs look fine, so I put on the headlights and one is out, I switch the good bulb to that socket and its glows. So I buy a new bulb, still won't work in that socket :mad: The only time both sides light up is with headlights. Is there somewhere else I should be looking ???

What about your turn signals???

On the dash, do they blink like they should, or just stay on??? With the headlight on and off.

If the ground on the left side, behind the tail light, looks good, take it off, sand down some paint and the ring connector, apply some die-electric grease and install a new / bigger screw.

Then check under the rear, left side, 6 inches in from the bumper, there is a connector there, take it apart, use contact cleaner and apply some die-electric grease, if your problem is still there, the wire harness in the rear has crimps on the line to the pigtails, check them all, take them apart, and use some B caps with die-electric grease, and this should solve the problem.

At worst, you light switch could be bad, if it feels really loose, like not "clicking" when you pull it out, then that would need replacing.

The signal light on the dash does nothing but glow, before and after bulb replacement. The only time any lights glow at the tail light is when the headlights are on. I have to work tomorrow, I guess Sunday I have a few things to do. I'll try some of your suggestions. Thanx

Be aware that although the front sockets (available from Advance) physically interchange with our Jeeps, the wiring is different, Black gos to black, blue to brown and brown to blue. Unless you want a really bright parking light, and a signal light that is hardly visible when your parking lights are on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...