Jump to content

TheNerfsmith

Members
  • Posts

    116
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheNerfsmith

  1. It's back out for limited release as of 10/20/25. Can't say how much of it is left in stores though.
  2. This is probably pretty niche, but lately while driving or studying I've had Sabaton's Maid of Steel on repeat. It came from the new album release this month. https://youtu.be/fTqB-kWVnBA?si=cR-D0VvfYGZkCFv0
  3. One of my good friends had a $#!&box 2nd gen dodge ram (yes with the v6) and a solution that he found was to buy an adapter like this which slotted into the player. In the experience we’ve had with the adapter it plays audio decent enough for listening.
  4. I don’t plan on playing CD’s. In my personal view that kind of ruins the feel of the 80s for me. I would probably weigh the single and double din options so I could see what would work to mount them in.
  5. Lately, I've been planning out my MJ's interior and how I want it laid out. I've gotten around to figuring out the radio situation. I want to return it to stock with the cassette player and radio, but after some thought would there be any benefit to grabbing a newer radio from a different jeep that still has the ability to play cassettes? This is the question I am hung up on and I'd love to hear any input. I do have the capability to 3d print different odds and ends, so I'd imagine I'd be able to tweak the bezel with some modification.
  6. Are there advantages to the Renix rail? I didn’t know that the systems were that different.
  7. I haven’t taken my MJ out much since it’s been in and out of shops and my garage. But the mechanics who have seen it always comment on how cool it is. As a random aside, at my local CDJR dealership one of salesmen made a comment on how cool it was that I was restoring one. I find they’re obscure enough that the average person doesn’t know what it is.
  8. Are the roll bar brackets still being sold? I need the ones towards the front of the bed and the ones for the wheel wells. Not sure if I need seat brackets as of this moment.
  9. Hi all, I found this Comanche at Gibson Iron & Metal Inc. in Neenah, WI I think it’s an 88 but am unsure. 4.0L Automatic (Column Shift) It has been picked over so there’s not a ton of stuff that remains. Sad to see it non-operational.
  10. I'm sure this has been asked to death before, but what is the best method to recolor an interior? I'm looking to change my Comanche's interior to black once I find some of the original parts that still exist or recolor the good condition pieces that I have.
  11. On the topic of the Euramtec lights has anyone figured out what the bulb is? For example, if it’s a certain size or type? I’m looking into getting them when I get around to my interior and want to put a LED bulb in them.
  12. Those are great questions that I should've specified. So currently in my MJ the swap to the Peugeot was done at some point in the past and as of last year I had an AX-15 swapped in due to the Peugeot dumping fluid from a crack down the case from previous damage. The swap to the BA10 resulted in many connections in the engine bay and interior being incomplete (loose connections, wires that go nowhere, etc.). The MJ runs fine and it drives and shifts well, but the harness looks like it's a chimera of both an automatic and manual harness put together. The only major issue at the moment is when the brake pedal is pressed the RPM's drop almost to the point where it will stall. That is the current situation as of the present.
  13. Hi all, I have been slowly planning out what needs to be done with my MJ in between my busy college schedule. Currently, there are two things that are on my radar. The first is swapping the rear to disc brakes and getting the brake system buttoned up. For that I have a Dana 44 in the rear, and was looking at the Teraflex kit (Link). It looks like it should work? The other task that I have is going through the wiring harness; The harness after years of abuse and a swap from automatic to manual by a previous owner has left it a complete mess. I've heard of different things that can be done, but I was wondering what my options could be. Is there a benefit to putting in an HO harness with my Renix 4.0?
  14. 89 Comanche Pioneer Ax-15 4x4 Dana 35 front, 44 rear Longbed The Comanche was repainted and much of it was redone, but I have decided to restore it to what it should be. The door sticker was destroyed or defaced in the process before it reached my ownership. Being from Illinois I’m glad the undercarriage was coated for protection.
  15. Hi all, I‘m new to forum after lurking on here for awhile. I got my 89 pioneer (built in 88) a couple years back and have been slowly doing more to it. When I received it it had a Peugeot which cracked down the case, so an AX-15 was swapped in. They also put in an interior from a Cherokee which I want to redo because it has been done poorly. I’m happy to be in this community and I’m looking forward to taking it out more often. I apologize for the photos. Going to get better ones very soon as the project goes along.
×
×
  • Create New...