Trackbar strength

Anyone have a strength issue with a Rusty's adjustable bar? I was tracking down a loose steering condition(mostly due to a bad tierod end) & noticed the trackbar flexing BADLY as we see-sawed the steering wheel.

I've always ran R.E. trackbars & NEVER see them bend or flex. Is that normal for the Rusty's unit? I don't see it causing a problem on-road, but how will it ever hold up to wheeling?

Dude,

I hate to say this, but if see-sawing the wheel causes this kind of deflection in your TB. Just imagine whats happening with the stresses on it when driving and worse yet...wheeling!!! You have some MAJOR track bar issues. There is NO VISABLE movement in my Kevin's or JKS track bars.

As soon as you can swing it, its time to get that crap out of there!!

CW

I'm not one to go around bashing companies everytime I have a little problem, but I've seen so much broke Rusty's stuff lately. My last trip out I watched a guy break a Rusty's trackbar bouncing through a rutted mudhole. That be said I run RE with the HD frame bracket and cross brace on both my rigs, never a problem.

Sorry to jack the thread but does the RE cross brace help as much as RE says it does?

Yes. I run it on 2 of our rigs and it should be here next week for the 3rd. The brace is the reason I run the RE units and not the TNT units as it does help quite a bit.

I agree, the cross brace is the reason I went with RE. Most people don't realize the stress the drivers "frame" rail is under, the steering box and trackbar bracket are constantly trying to twist it in half when steering. When you use a drop trackbar bracket your giving the trackbar more leverage to wrench on the frame. The cross brace helps this problem.The cross brace ties the two frame rails together splitting the trackbar stress up between two rails rather than one. Once you've busted up a drives frame rail and see what a mess it is to fix, you'll do everything you can to keep from going there again.

Agreed. My mount is flexing just as bad as the trackbar. The bar is only supposed to work with up to 4" of lift, & I have more like 6, so a drop bracket/crossbrace is in order along with the RE extreme duty trackbar.(have this stuff on my TJ & it's awesome).

Problem is then I also need a drop pitman arm & steering box brace as well as another alignment. There goes a good 500 bucks.....again :headpop: