New Shocks, Monroe Sensa Track Load Levelers

My interest is peaked, but I would love to hear someone who has put some miles on them.  I have a mild dislike of most monroe shocks as they seem to wear out quickly.  How are these holding up?

Wow! My experience has been the opposite. I have Sensa-Tracks (not the Load Leveler variety, just the shocks) on my '88 XJ. I can't even remember when I installed them, but it had to have been more than ten years ago, probably closer to twelve. They easily have over 100,000 miles on them. Still good.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"Lift supports" is rear hatch struts.

Stock MJ rear shocks range from 13" to 14" compressed and 22" to 23" extended, with a mid-travel length in the vicinity of 18-1/4" to 18-1/2". To work with a 3" lift you would go through the Monroe listings to find other shocks with the L1/L1 end fitting and a mid-travel length of approximately 21" (18 + 3). Once you find the shock that matches those criteria as closely as possible, you cross-reference it back to see what vehicle(s) it fits. Then you just shop for shock to fit that vehicle.

"Lift supports" is rear hatch struts.

Stock MJ rear shocks range from 13" to 14" compressed and 22" to 23" extended, with a mid-travel length in the vicinity of 18-1/4" to 18-1/2". To work with a 3" lift you would go through the Monroe listings to find other shocks with the L1/L1 end fitting and a mid-travel length of approximately 21" (18 + 3). Once you find the shock that matches those criteria as closely as possible, you cross-reference it back to see what vehicle(s) it fits. Then you just shop for shock to fit that vehicle.

ahhhh I gotcha!