HO head on Renix block opinions

I'm looking at getting everything from a 94XJ to do this swap on a 1990 4.0l

I would be using the HO head and manifolds with the Renix electronics

I know a few people here have done it and I'm wondering in your opinion was it worth it?

i actually did this.i took it one step further and used a 99 up intake manifold as well.besides replacing the lifters when the head was off and fixing the oil leaking head gasket it made no difference whatsoever to my truck.i had the head(95 ho head)freshened up at the machine shop so it wasn't like i was using a worn out head.it could be because my renix engine is pretty worn out why i didn't see any improvement as well.you will need to use the ho exhaust manifold and downpipe as well. i used the renix exhaust manifold and in 2 weeks it blew the gasket because of misalignment in the ports.i hope this helps some.

you may have different results than me.your short block may not be as worn as mine.i even used the ho throttle body with the pricey hesco tps adapter.at first i thought it ran a little better,but that was just hope.after 2 days i realized it really didn't run any better.i did need to pull the head to replace the lifters and and fix the oil leaking headgasket.i'm not trying to discourage you from doing this,you may have better results than i did.

I'm looking at getting everything from a super awesome 94XJ from a really handsome guy to do this swap on a 1990 4.0l

I know a few people here have done it and I'm wondering in your opinion was it worth it?

Fixed.

I'm looking at getting everything from a super awesome 94XJ from a really handsome guy to do this swap on a 1990 4.0l

Fixed.

That should be worth a few extra HP