MAZDA 323 TECH QUESTION....

CWLONGSHOT

Sorry guys I know this is a Jeep forum.. But we are all buds right? Well your bud over here in CT is in a bit of a jamb...

I have to swap out the CV shafts on my little gas miser and I can't seem to get the DS shaft out.... I have three sources of instructions and all say the same thing. But I cannot see how it is feasible. They say to carefully insert and chisel between the CV housing and the trans axle and tap and gently pry to pop the clip and remove the shaft. Well that's fine for the PS, Its wide open. But the DS sits in a "C" shaped cup about 8" deep. It is open at the top rear, but there is zero access there for hands let alone room for a two with a hammer and chisel!!!

I have everything else apart ready to pull the shaft and am stalled... Heading back out in the AM.

Any one been there and done that??? Help readily accepted!!

CW

Sorry Pete..

Wasn't certain where it belonged. :oops:

Hopefully it will look different and all of a sudden be WAY EASY in the AM... :roll: :roll:

Here is a bit of humor...

I had to replace the exhaust. Well round here the kids love to instal those "fart" pipes. You know those big glass packed exhaust tipss. Well I fationed up my own!!!

Its just a coffee can, I welded on the tip for haha's. :D

CW

You have a weird sense of humor CW, but I like it. :cheers: I hope though that you used a s/s coffee can for the fart can, otherwise it'll be gone by mid-November in CT-land. Or did you just rattle can it? Maxwell House or Folgers? :chillin:

CW you have any pic of this c housing ? I'm not sure about mazda but on a honda its easier to pop the bottom a-arm, and pry the axle away from the trans. Honda uses a c clip that dosent have to be removed.. I'm just having a hard time visualizing your set-up...

I GOT IT!!! jamminz.gif

Jeep slide hammer to the rescue! Three blows and out she popped! :roll: :cheers: PS when pretty easy too. But I found the ball joint on that side is about shot. These ball joints are CAKE to change!!! Two 3/4" nuts and bolts, then one 3/8" cross pin and a couple whacks with a hammer and its apart. But its a job for another day. I'm on to more important things... KILLAINS!! :cheers:

Thanks for the help,

CW