I hate drums

Pete M

Anyone know if there's a junkyard upgrade for the rear brakes of a '96 Chrysler minivan? I wonder if a complete '01+ rear axle could swap in somehow...

Yup, that's right. I can't leave well enough alone. :roll: All these years of playing with Jeeps has left me with a real hatred of fixing things without being able to upgrade in the process. :brows:

Picture a cavernous vehicle into which you can stuff a whole couch, or a refrigerator, or an engine block, or several axles etc, all the while getting 25 mpg on the highway. :D Mine needs better brakes and an AAL (that rear monoleaf just isn't cut out for my needs).

Oh, and I guess they could be used for hauling people around too. :dunno:

No, but sometimes I wish there was one. I did find dodgetalk.com and they have a caravan-specific forum, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of day-to-day activity. They have a searchable database though.

Or if you're looking for opinions, we've got a '96 and an '08 here at the house and just turned in an '06 so I might be able to help with the differences between the various generations. The best feature ever is the fold-in-the-floor seating. That's on '05 and newer, but it wasn't standard in the early years.