Been in a haystack, found the needle! ............. I think?

I think beaterjeep has an AAL in there. The distance between the tips of the leafs isn't equal throughout the entire pack. See how Wildman has about 4" between each leaf tip, and yours has about 6", then 2" then 3"? (these numbers are all guesses on my part.)

Hey, been out all day. So, I thought beater's looked a little off too Pete. Plus, he's got a D35 under there, and I'm quite confident the MT pkg did NOT come with the weak-@$$ turdy-five.

But more importantly, to me, Wildman, are you open to making a deal on yours?

But more importantly, to me, Wildman, are you open to making a deal on yours?

Well.......not right now, My MJ spiritual advisory, Cherokee, just told me the other night to keep them, and install them on the '89 Dream Machine, with the XJ D44 I have coming in. So at this point, and with them so hard to come along......I'm going this route. If plans change......I will advise you.

Here's a real 'booty' fab job on a MJ that's for sale a couple blocks from the house here, not mine, I will not take any credit for this one :roll:

Image Not Found

Off topic, Any one interested in this '90 MJ, Here's a link to the pictures / info.

Don - I will get thru the refined finish on the springs and see what I can find, yes, there should be a stock number on them.

As far as beaterjeep's having a D35 over the MT springs..... :dunno:

Could be a towing package set up.......Beater, do you have the class 2/3 hitch on your MJ???

Now that I think of it, I got to look at the one I just brought back, that had the trailer hitch on it :hmm: And I don't remember what the springs were like, but I know it had a D35 back there.

Somebody buy this bad boy on eBay and sell me the springs! :brows: In looking at it, and being a municipal vehicle, I just knew it had to be an MT, and sho'nuff they just messaged me back and confirmed it has 5 springs. Ran the vin on agedstock.com also, and it shows it as MT also. Look at the pics and see how stout it stands even as a 2wd. I had to go back and look at the pics after the vin search said 2wd because the way it stood I assumed it was 4x4 and didn't even pay attention to no xfer case shifter on the floor.

Item# 260251266943

• 4 weeks later...

Woohoooo! Definitely found the needle this time! Check it out Ladies and Germs, some real-deal M/T packs O-fficially in my possession! And, God bless rust-free California, they're in incredible condition. :D

When another member said he'd like to buy my 6 leaf bastard packs (still waiting though), I went back on the hunt. After learning that 86 M/T's only came w/AMC20 rear ends, I based my car-part.com search on 86's and the AMC20, not on leaf springs where I had to rely on the JY "maybe" identifying in the notes how many leaves it had. Sure enough, one of the first ones listed had my treasure. Oh, and apparently that AMC20 they were sitting on is still available if anyone is interested.

MJeff, time to get together and do some wrenching! jamminz.gif

:eek: WOW... and wrapped in a box too. I have had leafs shipped a few times and I have never seen them wrapped like that. They always get sipped with just the sticker stuck to the spring and sent bare.

Anyway.. Congrats... :cheers: