Can this header be welded?

When my YJ started stalling at stoplights on 90* days is how i found out my exhaust manifold was cracked, and when i was trying to find out what the problem was i noticed how hot my engine compartment was. then i found the cracked manifold pulled it off welded it stuck it back on and problem was gone... but it ended up cracking again but by that time summer was over so it kept my engine a little cooler.... but i replaced it with a doug thorley header never had it happen again.

When my YJ started stalling at stoplights on 90* days is how i found out my exhaust manifold was cracked, and when i was trying to find out what the problem was i noticed how hot my engine compartment was. then i found the cracked manifold pulled it off welded it stuck it back on and problem was gone... but it ended up cracking again but by that time summer was over so it kept my engine a little cooler.... but i replaced it with a doug thorley header never had it happen again.

See that is what I was thinking but want to try not to take it off, cause when I do a Banks or Hedman header is going on.

Originally Posted by lawsoncl

Bingo! Sounds like a likely candidate. Did it stop working about the same time the stalling started?

Well yeah, I had to swap speedo units, see I had a 93 2wd Ax-15, I swapped that out for an 89 AX-15/231 so I took out the cable driven speedo and put the eletrical one in. However it doesn't work, but didn't think much of it causeing any problems so havent messed with it. I didn't know if the swap would work or not, so figured if it didn't I would just find a 93 4wd speedo to put in.

So you think this is what is causing my stalling issue?

Yeah, so I called a "profesional mechanic" today and explained your problem to him saying it was my truck. He said it's possible that the clutch is not fully disengaging causing it to stall at a stop. If it's not that he said it's probably the IAC.

Yeah my brother is ASE certified as well so called him up and ran the IAC by him and he said most likely it is the problem, told me to do a simple test, Start the engine and let it idle, then get out and unplug the IAC and if the idle does not change any then most likely it is bad. So did and nothing happened so I think it is the problem. But so anyways, went to part store and they wanted $70 nutkick.gif Well, didn't have cash on me so figured I get one later after work, but talked to a guy for some other parts he was parting out from a 93 XJ 2dr, he gave up on it after replacing every censor and and etc, trying to get it to run, but found is is the timing belt/chain that is bad, so any ways, he is selling me thats censor for $5. jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif So hopefully that shall cure me of my problem. Then haveing someone weld up my header tomorrow, and going to double check the speed censor on another jeep to see why mine no work. :cheers:

Image Not Found

here is a picture of my exhaust after it was welded. cracks were at the bottom. welded them up. then bar stock was welded across the the six pipes. my mechanic has fixed many, never a return. :D [/img]

we made a plate of 1/4 in, flat stock, drilled and tapped holes to bolt the manifold down, then welded her up.

Well it is welded, thanks to samurai2240, even did it in the jeep, and it no longer leaks.

It however wasn't the fix for the stalling. I later got a IAC from dalovva and switched it with mine and it fixed the problem for about 20 mins. Then left his place and the jeep started stalling again, so got pissed and unplugged that stupid $#!&, and well it cured my problem no more stalling, so good enough for me.

So...it sounds like you got a bad IAC if I am understanding you correctly...? It runs fine with it unplugged?

Well thge IAC I got was farily new yet and it worked, but then didn't. But IDK, I unplugged it and drove it the rest of the day and had no problems.