Chryco Gas Promotion

HOrnbrod

What do you guys and gals think about the Let's Refuel America promo Chryco is offering for the purchase of new Jeep & Dodge vehicles. Chryco claims it's working great. They cap the gas prices at $2.99 / gal. Personally if I were in the market for a new Jeep (which I'm not) I'd prefer a $4K - $5K rebate.

I think "Promo" is the magic word.

Some one the local board posted the "guide lines" to this, and it was written buy a team of Philadelphia lawyers, so if you "meet" all of the fine print.....

Yea, let's see the big rebates :D

One of our big car dealers up here is offering a $1.99 cap on gas if you buy a new car from them......I'd like to see the fine print on that deal.

I'll stick to my old (14 year+) trucks, with no payment books, and just drive less :roll:

They tell you some of the fine print in the add.. up to the frist 12k miles a yr. IF you look carefully they exclude some vehicles at the bottom. Basically it is like them giving you a rebate of 6K depending on your vehicle, cause you know they are going to use epa guidelines to figure out how much fuel you can get

Let's say for the sake of argument, the average price for a gallon of gasoline is $3.99

Let's also assume your new vehicle averages 20mpg

then 12,000 miles per year = 600 gallons per year

$1 saved per gallon of gas =$600 per year

or a total rebate of $1800 max.

It sounds like a great deal, but in reality will cost Daimler Chrysler barely more than a $1500 factory rebate.

Its creavitive marketing for those who don't read the fine print. Like no intrest or payment for a yr :eek: catch there is you owe the money plus all accrured intrest from inception,or how some credit cards use 2 cycle billing. Say one month you charge a bunch of parts and pay it off, then the following month.. a house hold emergency comes up, and you can't pay the balance off... the average the 2 balances together to come up with your daily average then mutiply that by whatever your daily intrest rate is... needless to say you get screwed as the user of that card.