Anyone in MI want to go pick me up a Stoker and send to Cali

SuperWade2

Sounds too good....

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/car/690803886.html

i have a 1990 jeep comanche with a 4.5 inch lift kit, 4.7 liter stroker motor with about 10000 miles on it, roll bar, toolbox, cap, custom bumpers. body is beat up. the rear end and transmission went out in it and i havent had the money to fix it. i have a second set of axles for it (dana 30 front, 35 rear) and i have a ford 9 inch. i got a used tranny at a junk yard but it needs a mating transfercase. i have a spare stock 4.0 motor with about 170000 miles on it, ran good when i pulled it. i also have alot of spare motor and drivetrain parts. 1200 or best offer for everything, i made be interested in trades but i like cash. my number is 269-492-8377 if you have any questions.

I'm 1/2 Serious...what would it cost to pull and crate up an engine and send it this way?

:eek:

Probably more than it would cost to build your own.

Oh, and you'd have to talk the guy into/pay him to pull the motor and sell the truck without a motor.

I'm 1/2 Serious...what would it cost to pull and crate up an engine and send it this way?

:eek:

Probably more than it would cost to build your own.

Oh, and you'd have to talk the guy into/pay him to pull the motor and sell the truck without a motor.

I was hoping to get one of you guys to do it! :cheers:

what zip code? anyone know how much that engine would weigh? if you pay the price for the entire truck and shipping, i would do it as long as the timeline works with my upcoming move across town. i have access to pallets for free, too.

what zip code? anyone know how much that engine would weigh? if you pay the price for the entire truck and shipping, i would do it as long as the timeline works with my upcoming move across town. i have access to pallets for free, too.

A long block 4.0, IIRC weighs somewhere around 575-600lbs.

assuming 600lbs and shipping to 95066 zip code, freight would be about $550 if you have a loading dock or forklift to unload with, or $640 if you need the delivery truck to have a lift gate. that's according to freightcenter.com using daylight transport or roadway.

Thanks for checking all of this... nearly $2K for an engine of unknown condition, shipped 1/2 way across the US is probably not a great investment...

Nope, considering you can build yourself a 4.7 stroker for about that. My cost (ESTIMATES) For parts so far is about $1,200. That's not factoring in machining however. And I'm replacing everything other than block, head, crank, oil pan, and valve cover.

Now I just need the money to start buying the stuff..