91 comanche adding 92 xj cluster

I've read a bunch of the posts on this subject , my question is will the 92 xj cluster plug right into my 91 manche ? Also there are 2 sending units oil and water that I have to change is this correct ? The wiring harness in the dash behind the cluster is all plug and right. Thanks in advance

I've read a bunch of the posts on this subject , my question is will the 92 xj cluster plug right into my 91 manche ? Also there are 2 sending units oil and water that I have to change is this correct ? The wiring harness in the dash behind the cluster is all plug and right. Thanks in advance

The 92-96 cluster will work in your 91. I used a 95 in mine. More better though to make sure the donor vehicle has the same engine as yours so you don't have to adjust the tach.

i bought a floor shifter and a console. you can use the shifter cable. you just gotto move it over to a hole next to the throttle cable. i had to make my hole a bit bigger. if ya want ill take pics and email them to you so you can see. let me know your email. i have the cable driven though but most of it should help.

... More better though to make sure the donor vehicle has the same engine as yours so you don't have to adjust the tach.

Can you elaborate on this? Any write-ups on adjusting the tach? I just did this to my 4-cylinder, but a cluster from a 4-cyl was impossible to find, so i settled for a 6-cyl, but obviously the tach is off. thx..

... More better though to make sure the donor vehicle has the same engine as yours so you don't have to adjust the tach.

Can you elaborate on this? Any write-ups on adjusting the tach? I just did this to my 4-cylinder, but a cluster from a 4-cyl was impossible to find, so i settled for a 6-cyl, but obviously the tach is off. thx..

Cluster in my 4 cyl is from a 6 cyl and the tach seems to be dead on.

They aren't all adjustable. At this point I'm not certain which is which, but I believe it's the early ones (84 thru 86 or maybe partway thru 87) that are not adjustable. The "other" ones have a potentiometer on the back of the panel that adjusts the tach for 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder.

I talked a friend in Greece through doing it. He had another tach he could use as a reference. His XJ was a 4-banger and he found a tach cluster out of an 88 or 89 XJ. He figured a way to make the cable connection work, then we tackled calibration. I have no idea if they're all like his, but he said ultimately it seemed that all the way to one limit was the 6-cylinder setting, and all the way to the opposite extreme was the 4-cylinder setting.

Thanks guys yes it was a 4.0 but the other thing is mine not auto on the floor what do you do with the shift indicator ? I plan to put it on the floor though.

This is what I did:

Nicely done!

What's the steering column out of?