running rich,,even with new O2

What all controls air fuel on renix?? Swapped my O2 still smells really rich, even after warm up.. Doesn't the block temp sender provide input to ecu to control air/fuel ratio? What else controls the mixture??

I havent checked to see if I have a leaking/sticking injector,, how would I know if one wasnt in specs?? Pull a spark plug?

Basically, the ECU controls the air-fuel mixture and ignition timing.

The ECU receives input from the O2 sensor , coolant sensor, MAP, CPS, battery voltage, intake manifold air temperature (MAT), engine knock, and transmission gear selection.

Ya know.......just a couple of things :???:

Here's a link to get you started -

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Fue ... ostics.htm

And with in that link is the 100page tech-manual (PDF file)

And you know......it could be just something very Simple that's causing it to run rich :D

JT. It is also possible that you have an exhaust leak somewhere between the head and the O2 sensor. I've changed my TPS, IAC, CTS, knock, EGR, injectors, MAT, MAP, O2, EGR solenoid and CPS and was still running rich.

It wasn't until I changed my exhaust/intake manifold gasket that I started seeing a little better gas mileage which still sucks.

Eagle explained a little while back that if exhaust is leaking before the O2 sensor it believes the exhaust is lean causing it to adjust the fuel ratio (going up) which makes the truck run rich and gives ya crappy gas mileage. Just another possibility. Before you go changing a million sensors though I'd try to find someone with that Snap-On MT2500 that reads the info and tells you what's going on with the sensors or you can use that page Wildman gave you to check em.

Of course it is completely possible that the new O2 sensor is junk.

JT. It is also possible that you have an exhaust leak somewhere between the head and the O2 sensor. I've changed my TPS, IAC, CTS, knock, EGR, injectors, MAT, MAP, O2, EGR solenoid and CPS and was still running rich.

It wasn't until I changed my exhaust/intake manifold gasket that I started seeing a little better gas mileage which still sucks.

Eagle explained a little while back that if exhaust is leaking before the O2 sensor it believes the exhaust is lean causing it to adjust the fuel ratio (going up) which makes the truck run rich and gives ya crappy gas mileage. Just another possibility. Before you go changing a million sensors though I'd try to find someone with that Snap-On MT2500 that reads the info and tells you what's going on with the sensors or you can use that page Wildman gave you to check em.

I hope its not a exhaust leak on the manny..... that would just suck!! I got the Bosch O2 sensor, I hoping thats not wrong with it either.......

I kinda want it to be a injector,, so I have a reason to get the new ones that Taz hooked up for us.. :brows:

I hope its not a exhaust leak on the manny..... that would just suck!! I got the Bosch O2 sensor, I hoping thats not wrong with it either.......

I kinda want it to be a injector,, so I have a reason to get the new ones that Taz hooked up for us.. :brows:

How do the plugs look?

I have only ran it about 2 hours total since I changed to the coppers. I'll pull them tomorrow,, well I'll go pull them right now.. brb,, gotta love the underhood light, even if it does have mercury in it!! :D

well I thought I had the Champ coppers,, but had Autolights...

here's the break down;

#1= Alot of soot looks like I have a oil control issue in the head

#2= The exact same as #1

#3= A lil soot, not to bad

#4= The same as #3

#5= The same as #3

#6= The same as #3

well I thought I had the Champ coppers,, but had Autolights...

here's the break down;

#1= Alot of soot looks like I have a oil control issue in the head

#2= The exact same as #1

#3= A lil soot, not to bad

#4= The same as #3

#5= The same as #3

#6= The same as #3

My front plugs are always a bit darker too. I'd throw in a set of Champion RC12LYC's and run them for 100-200 miles or so, then take another reading. I've always run the RC12s in my stock Jeep 4.0 engines, but went down two heat ranges to RC10s because the RC12s were running a bit hot in my stroker, almost white. Your plugs sound like they may be too cold; try the Champs first to establish a baseline. Just my 4 cents. :cheers: