rough riding

i am thinking i need a less stiff suspension, feels like i don't even have any suspension when i am going over the bumps in the road. would i have to replace the coil springs and the shocks? or what is the deal to make it a little bit easy when hitting bumps in the road?

It may just be shocks. Whast do you have on it now...stock suspension or lifted? The stock suspension is the softest you will find so if you are stock, then shocks are the only thing to really play with.

Depending on your lift height the control arm angle s might be too steep. This will also cause a rough ride. Some more details about your rig would help. ;)

are your shocks 30 years old? that would be a good bit of info :brows:

what they are trying to say is that shocks can wear out and cause a very rough ride because your suspension will have no travel

also check your control arm bushings. my cousin have an xj that went around with a busted upper control arm for a year until i rode in it and told him that he had a problem. after i fixed it he said..."wow these jeeps really do ride nice don't they" what a nerd! anyways check your suspension top to bottom. also what size rim are you running? if your running 20's i don't want to hear you complain :D

i don't know how old the shocks are. i know the guy said something about a guy wanting to buy the mj and wanted chop the coils and lower it and the guy who was selling it didn't like that idea because of what he put into for the suspension. i will write him an email asking him about them.

and i will check the bushings when i get home or tomorrow if i end up getting home too late tonight, i am about to leave for tacoma, it's my grandmas birthday today.

and i am running 15's on rim size. 235/75/15 which are 29" tires or like a decimal short.