OEM Sunroof

thats what mine has in it, and i believe it came from the factory.

me and horbrod were having this same conversation awhile back...

It didn't look like a hack job... How much is it worth?

the truck or the sunroof?

The truck, i don't know since i can't see it.

The sunroof, hopefully hornbrod sees this cause he just had one put in. I think it was a few hundred

The sunroof, hopefully hornbrod sees this cause he just had one put in. I think it was a few hundred

Wade, since I've had my sunroof put in, I've done some research. I have all the parts catalogs for the 86-92 MJs, and there is was no sunroof option offered by the factory for any model. There were for the XJs, ZJs, and Wagoneers, both pop-ups and electrics. So, unless someone can prove me wrong, I think it was a dealer-only installed option. Also, the guy that put mine in has been doing sunroofs for 35 years for various dealerships in the area, including Jeeps, and he says he has never seen a factory sunroof on an MJ, although he has installed quite a few back in the day on new Comanches.

Oh, and I was charged $300 total for the sunroof, labor, and a new headliner.

Wade, since I've had my sunroof put in, I've done some research. I have all the parts catalogs for the 86-92 MJs, and there is was no sunroof option offered by the factory for any model. There were for the XJs, ZJs, and Wagoneers, both pop-ups and electrics. So, unless someone can prove me wrong, I think it was a dealer-only installed option. Also, the guy that put mine in has been doing sunroofs for 35 years for various dealerships in the area, including Jeeps, and he says he has never seen a factory sunroof on an MJ, although he has installed quite a few back in the day on new Comanches.

Oh, and I was charged $300 total for the sunroof, labor, and a new headliner.

thanks for that info. now i know that someone else was working on my Jeep :headpop: :D