crappy brakes

when i got my comanche, it had no brakes at all. so i figured i would just put new rotors and pads in and it would be good. well they still suck. the pedal easily goes down a few inches and the brakes are pretty weak. i pulled the cap of the master cyl. and pumped the breaks a few times. a few bubbles and splashes came up. Do you think i need to bleed the brakes?

Thanks Christian

If bubbles came up you have air in the system, so yes, you need to bleed the brakes.

But more importantly, you need to figure out how the air got in there and fix it.

leaking line, bad connection at a fitting, loose bleed valve, bad caliper or wheel cylinder, low fluid level, recent repairs?

the only "repairs" to PO seemed to be interested in where ones like a full console and buckets, that kind of stuff. not the good stuff. when i put my lift on in the next month or two i have to change the breaklines so they will be bled. (don't worry i don't drive it everyday)

Check the lines just before the rear brake hose for rot out. Mine was broken and I had $#!++y front brakes only for almost a year!

The second line that goes back to the front gets air in it and keeps you from being able to bleed all the air out unless you open it at the front valve. (I had EXCELLENT brakes after that till I lifted my Jeep)